CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

23 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I'm aware. ROGUE ONE last year fell 53.3% under the same circumstances. Don't you think TLJ, being a saga film, could have a slightly better drop? Like 48-50%?

It's possible. Sunday drop was slightly worse than Rogue One's percentage drop, even though Last Jedi should have spillover effects that help the daily holds at this point of the run. Maybe some spillover will help today. Just have to see how it goes.

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:
  1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 85.8M
  2. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - 35.2M
  3. Pitch Perfect 3 - 28.7M
  4. The Greatest Showman - 13.2M
  5. Downsizing - 8.6M
  6. Ferdinand - 8.58M
  7. Father Figures - 6.2M
  8. Coco - 5.47M
  9. Darkest Hour - 4.24M
  10. The Shape of Water - 3.42M
  11. Wonder - 3.19M
  12. Tiger Zinda Hai - 2.5M
  13. Daddy's Home 2 - 2.14M
  14. Thor: Ragnarok - 1.6M
  15. The Star - 1.47M
  16. Justice League - 1.42M
  17. The Disaster Artist - 1.25M
  18. Murder on the Orient Express - 1.16M
  19. Lady Bird - 1.13M
  20. Call Me by Your Name - 1.05M
  21. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 778k
  22. A Bad Moms Christmas - 607k
  23. Just Getting Started - 262k

weekend predictions

43 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I think Aquaman will be good, and if it isn't then I'll actually be quite disappointed. 

Given that Wan has given WB a billion dollar franchise with The Conjuring, I suspect he's been given full reign on Aquaman. I really want to see how they envision Atlantis and also how Black Manta and Ocean Master look like in live action

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Given that Wan has given WB a billion dollar franchise with The Conjuring, I suspect he's been given full reign on Aquaman. I really want to see how they envision Atlantis and also how Black Manta and Ocean Master look like in live action

Or a $0 (billion minus a billion) franchise :ph34r:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-conjuring-trial-warner-bros-james-wan-gerald-brittle-lawsuit-1202157470/

19 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

So @ZeeSoh's and my preseason predictions for TLJ's opening weekend were within $10k of actuals.

Indeed you two did :jeb!: 

glassfairy: 268M

JJ-8: 243.5M

Empire: 236M

aabattery: 232.69M

damnitgeorge08: 230M

Simionski: 230M

Spaghetti: 230M

That One Guy: 230M

WrathOfHan: 230M

Fancyarcher: 226M

kayumanggi: 225M

The Panda: 225M

Wrath: 222M

==OW: 220.01M==

Telemachos: 220M (Bonus points for being the closest!)

ZeeSoh: 220M (Bonus points for being the closest!)

Chasmmi: 217M

Kalo: 215M

YourMother: 215M

sakskidz: 211M

grey ghost: 210M

Alfred: 205M

TalismanRing: 205M

DamienRoc: 200M

bcf26: 180M

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Sorry to hear that. Have you seen it once or twice? @Christmas baumer disliked it after the first viewing, but thought it was a lot better after the 2nd. Maybe the same strategy could apply to you :)

2... was definitely a bit better the second time but I still wasn't a big fan :(

The way things are shaping up for TLJ, it certainly seems that BATB will remain highest grossing movie of the year from the looks of things...Unless TLJ pulls out some kind of magic trick and will be able to gross over 600m domestically (Although weekly drops should maintain within 40-45% approximately, which is unlikely at this point...), because it is clear as a day to me that international market is ridiculously weak for this movie for some odd reason! Congratulations BATB for highest grosser of 2017!...

Edited by TJHooker