CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Like the song for FSD goes, JUST WANNA KEEP CALLING YO NAME TILL YOU COME BACK HOME WOAH OH...... home as in behind Star Wars in the box office charts. Damn right, SW is making you its bitch, Fifty Shades. Who's the kinky one now? (Yup, I just talked to a movie. I'm sane, believe me.)

I wouldn't be surprised by Bobbers (that's what I'm calling them) were genuinely pissed about those designs #NotMyBobTheBuilder

And WTF is Sing doing in the charts again???

Random shows in the mornings on the weekends at malls and local cinemas. It happens all the time, random kids movies showing up because of those shows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Random shows in the mornings on the weekends at malls and local cinemas. It happens all the time, random kids movies showing up because of those shows.

Oh, I thought it was some sort of odd advert technique for The Voice Portugal on RTP :rofl:  (I mean, it has The Voice's judges on it, after all...)

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

My point of posting the video was to show some here that it may be a conversation to a good amount of folks.

But it's the same thing as a video going viral because some dude shoved a Roman candle up his ass and lit it. Sites want clicks and page views, news channels want eyeballs, and they'll run anything that they hope will get that, irrespective of whether it's actually meaningful or important. This includes running every conceivable story about the most popular movie series of all time (domestically).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mredman said:

There is no manipulations with the RT score. Its genuine fans pissed about a certain storyline that shits on TFA and the whole saga. TLJ is very divisive and defenders can say what they will but this moview has made SW fans truly angry. Even The IMDB score is already down to 7.9. TFA is on 8.1 now.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong

It's a little heavy handed but I sort of agree with the sentiment. I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan, and I think this movie really dropped the ball. But to each their own

Just now, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised Bob the Builder is so well known globally, I knew Thomas the Tank Engine and Teletubbies was known but Bob not so much. Is Peppa Pig or Postman Pat known to other countries?

Peppa Pig is somewhat popular in the US (if my experience volunteering at the library is anything to go by), but Postman Pat doesn't even register.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised Bob the Builder is so well known globally, I knew Thomas the Tank Engine and Teletubbies was known but Bob not so much. Is Peppa Pig or Postman Pat known to other countries?

Peppa Pig IMO because of Vine :lol:

No idea what the other one is

I actually care about audience score...especially on kid movies...it was on point for DM3 this summer not being good since audiences almost always "overgrade" on these franchises, so when audiences also torched it, it was like "it's not just the critics being bored"...

It's the same for long-time franchise movies...sometimes critics get bored, so it's good to see what fans think, b/c they are always voting 1st, especially if I'm a fan who's gotten on the fence (I don't do many sequels that aren't kids and the biggies, so it helps me see if I'm waiting for video or not)...

I'm probably weird, but I use it as much as critic scores, b/c critics and I don't always see eye-to-eye...but my likes do tend to follow the GA score more...

26 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Who'd thought that not only would Wonder Wonder outgross Justice League but that it would be the third highest domestic film of the year. 

I am looking forward to Aquaman, I know people are skeptical but I think James Wan will deliver.

I think Aquaman will be good, and if it isn't then I'll actually be quite disappointed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

But it's the same thing as a video going viral because some dude shoved a Roman candle up his ass and lit it. Sites want clicks and page views, news channels want eyeballs, and they'll run anything that they hope will get that, irrespective of whether it's actually meaningful or important. This includes running every conceivable story about the most popular movie series of all time (domestically).

Welcome to Internet 2017.

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Peppa Pig is here.

27 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Like redfirebird said, people need to caution that Monday will fall much more due to the calendar with kids still in school.

Though it evens out and the Monday payoffs will be returned when Christmas Day and New Year's day lands on Mondays.

I'm aware. ROGUE ONE last year fell 53.3% under the same circumstances. Don't you think TLJ, being a saga film, could have a slightly better drop? Like 48-50%?

Edited by JB33

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It's a little heavy handed but I sort of agree with the sentiment. I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan, and I think this movie really dropped the ball. But to each their own

Sorry to hear that. Have you seen it once or twice? @Christmas baumer disliked it after the first viewing, but thought it was a lot better after the 2nd. Maybe the same strategy could apply to you :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

That $34K PTA for I, Tonya in 5 theaters seems downright pedestrian this weekend.

It got whacked in the knees by TLJ :P 

Sorry I’ll just... see myself out now.

PS: I, Tonya is a great movie. One of the year’s best. I highly recommend it!