CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Surely it's Saturday and Sunday which would theoretically take the hit?

It's nice that online voting has no affect on the box office and it's better off that way.

It was meant as a joke because of the overreactions here about audience scores that dont matter one bit. And i agree, weve seen with BvS how a movie with bad WOM can tank (percentage-wise) even on OW, but the Friday was relatively untoched.

Second sentence is a very good sentence.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Biggest Friday day Business

JW 63

TA 62.5 

SW7: 62 million

TLJ: ~60 million

The fact that TLJ is earning essentially the same as TFA on pure Friday business is astonishing.

• Like 11
  • Astonished 1

46 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Why must those of us who didn't like it be considered cynical and irrational fanboys?  Are we just supposed to love something because we are told to?  I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I have defended the prequels for 18 years.  No one said anyone was irrational when they disliked the prequels and now that there is a Star Wars film that has pissed off some of its fans, people are calling us irrational fanboys?  That's really unfair.

I didn't like the film for many reasons, me being an irrational fanboy isn't one of them.  This didn't feel like the Star Wars I knew and it certainly wasn't the Star Wars I wanted it to be.  That's why I didn't care for it.

Are you going to see it again (if you haven't already)?

I have heard from quite a few people who liked it much more the second time around. Maybe you'd also  like it more after another go.

Not that there is anything wrong with disliking it, I'm just asking because additional viewings seem to have helped some people's opinions become more positive ;)

I've seen it once so far, and I don't really know what to think about it yet. To me, there is a lot to like, some things to dislike, and it certainly is very different from all the other SW movies.

• Like 3

Just now, George Parr said:

I have heard from quite a few people who liked it much more the second time around. Maybe you'd also  like it more after another go.

Not that there is anything wrong with disliking it, I'm just asking because additional viewings seem to have helped some people's opinions become more positive ;)

I've seen it once so far, and I don't really know what to think about it yet. To me, there is a lot to like, some things to dislike, and it certainly is very different from all the other SW movies.

Disney check is in the post

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The fact that TLJ is earning essentially the same as TFA on pure Friday business is astonishing.

It seems this flim will be more backloaded then expected.

SW 7 Previews to OD: 48%

TLJ: 42%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

Who wants to bet James was throwing shit around his office in a huge fit of rage when he realized he was making Disney movies and that they’ll control when these things come out and they won’t be competing with Marvel or Disney films lol

You made Titanic for 20th Century Fox, which has been your longtime studio home. And you’re making the Avatar sequels for them, but there are reports now that the Murdochs are interested in selling the movie studio. What would that mean for you and your films?

Probably not that much. I’ve always had a good relationship with Fox. If they sold to Disney that wouldn’t be bad because Disney actually at this point in time has a bigger investment in Avatar than Fox does in terms of spent money.

Because of the Pandora—The World of Avatar themed land at Disney World?

Yeah, exactly. So I get along great with Fox; I’m sure I’d get along great with Disney.

• Like 10
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

:ohmygod:

West coast business was huge!

The funny thing is I think it will jump today (Saturday maybe 65-66?) 

Whatever the reaction to the film, people are flocking to this.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

That mixed WOM clearly deflating the numbers :hahaha:

Sorry, but it's Friday.  Since when is the opening day indicative of WOM?

• Like 2

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

Sorry, but it's Friday.  Since when is the opening day indicative of WOM?

It was a joke because of the overreactions of some people regarding the audience scores :sparta:Irony really doesnt work on the Internet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, George Parr said:

Of course I'm seeing it again.  Got my tickets for me and a buddy on Sunday morning.  I hope I like it more the second time.  I really do.  I love this series of films and I have never not liked a SW film.  So I hope my second viewing allows me to soak it all in.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

It seems this flim will be more backloaded then expected.

SW 7 Previews to OD: 48%

TLJ: 42%

And that makes sense since TFA was the most anticipated movie in the history of movies.....so naturally it was going to have more of a rush than anything else.

• Like 1