WrathOfHan

WrathOfHan's Controversial 2018 Box Office Predictions

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You need to relocate ASAP.

7 more months 🙏

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Speaking of how do you think Black Panther will do there?

It'll do well for the first month at least. Late legs may be an issue

• Like 1

March 23

Midnight Sun: Can Bella Thorne break free from the shadow of Zendaya? Idk, maybe, but this film will not prove it. Midnight Sun was originally supposed to come out last July and has been finished for about two years now. If that does not convince you that it’s a bomb waiting in the wings, I do not know what will. The trailer views are strong at 3.8M, but let’s be real; people were only checking it out because Bella Thorne probably linked to it on her Instagram. Nobody is going to pay for this shit! 3/6 (2x)

Pacific Rim: Uprising: GET IT ON TILL I DIE! GET IT ON TILL I DIE! GET IT ON TILL I DIE! HELL YEAH! The jaegers are back with absolutely none of the people you care about except Charlie Day and Burn Gorman, who have Tumblr fanart (search at your own risk). People kind of wanted a sequel to Pacific Rim, but Guillermo del Toro has become too sophisticated for this bullshit and is off winning awards. The trailer views are strong, but how much of it is curiosity remains to be seen. John Boyega could potentially be a draw in his first non-Star Wars blockbuster, but I don’t really buy that. This movie was made for overseas only, and Universal and Legendary could give a rat’s ass about what it grosses here. The interest is here domestically for an ok run, but worldwide is where all the eyes will be focused on. 24/62 (2.58x)

Sherlock Gnomes: MAKE THAT BOOTY JIGGLE, MANKINI! Just because this is the first animated movie since Ferdinand sure as fuck doesn’t mean families will see it. Legs will be strong with Easter, which will make theaters keep it around for a bit. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER PARAMOUNT! 10/37 (3.7x)

Unsane: It’s hard to make a prediction for this without a trailer (I also just realized I didn’t factor this into Strangers’ legs lol oops), but I think it’ll match Side Effects at the very least. Soderbergh shouldn’t disappoint regardless! 12/36 (3x)

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Pacific Rim: Uprising has to have the most obnoxious trailer for any big-budget movie coming out this year (at least so far). Cringe every time I see it. I liked the first one but this looks completely interchangeable with a Transformers movie. Hard pass.

Just now, filmlover said:

Pacific Rim: Uprising has to have the most obnoxious trailer for any big-budget movie coming out this year (at least so far). Cringe every time I see it. I liked the first one but this looks completely interchangeable with a Transformers movie. Hard pass.

I get a feeling a lot of people will wait for RPO rather than see PRU.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sherlock Gnomes: MAKE THAT BOOTY JIGGLE, MANKINI! Just because this is the first animated movie since Ferdinand sure as fuck doesn’t mean families will see it. Legs will be strong with Easter, which will make theaters keep it around for a bit. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER PARAMOUNT! 10/37 (3.7x)

But Mankini is thicc 😩🍆💦🍑. 

I do agree though. O/U Monster Trucks imo.

14 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

March 16

Tomb Raider: 15/40 (2.67x)

Bold indeed.  I don't know if it will be this low, but i can't see people being interested in a Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander. People have no idea who she is.

March 30

Acrimony: This is the first non-Madea movie Tyler Perry has made since For Colored Girls back in 2010, which opened to 19.5M and had a sub-2x multi. Acrimony is headlined by Taraji P. Henson, who has undoubtedly gained a lot of popularity with Empire and Hidden Figures. Tyler Perry is always a strong name to bring in African-American women, and I don’t see that changing here, especially with the added benefit of Good Friday. Legs probably won’t be the best, but this will be another easy money maker for him. 22/53 (2.41x)

God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness: Well, at least it should beat Samson! If Paul, Apostle of Christ wasn’t opening the same week, I would have predicted around 15M for this, but both movies will cannibalize each other and finish around 10M. 3/10 (3.33x)

Paul, Apostle of Christ: See above. 3/10 (3.33x)

Ready Player One: From a shitty novel comes a new Steven Spielberg movie! Ready Player One is tough to predict. The book is popular among nerd circles, and the premise is easily marketable to general audiences. Additionally, it will be a good choice for families over the holiday. This is really more of a case on how high it can go, because I don’t think Spielberg can make a shitty movie that will collapse with a 2.2x or something. The range is big on this one, and I could see it grossing anywhere from 120M-240M. 50/160 (3.2x)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

March 30

Acrimony: This is the first non-Madea movie Tyler Perry has made since For Colored Girls back in 2010, which opened to 19.5M and had a sub-2x multi. Acrimony is headlined by Taraji P. Henson, who has undoubtedly gained a lot of popularity with Empire and Hidden Figures. Tyler Perry is always a strong name to bring in African-American women, and I don’t see that changing here, especially with the added benefit of Good Friday. Legs probably won’t be the best, but this will be another easy money maker for him. 22/53 (2.41x)

Good_Deeds_Poster.jpg

Temptation_Confessions_of_a_Marriage_Cou

The_Single_Moms_Club.jpg