WrathOfHan

WrathOfHan's Controversial 2018 Box Office Predictions

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Except theaters also had an option to attach Civil War, Jungle Book, and Zootopia.  A Wrinkle in Time is required playing for every 2D show.

Not to mention according to Fandango (which yes I know has little weight) was the second most anticipated family film of 2018.

I hope a Wrinkle in Time bombs because The first trailer’s ending line was, “The only thing faster than light... Is the darkness!”

Wtf?  Dont encourage that nonsense.  Good take Han. (Although I think it might go over 100m simply because March competition is light)

Edited by New Year New Panda
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Except theaters also had an option to attach Civil War, Jungle Book, and Zootopia.  A Wrinkle in Time is required playing for every 2D show.

It's not being attached to all 2D IMAX showings; I got Incredibles instead of Wrinkle

I think a lot of you are sleeping on this movie...

Huge bestseller...definite sci fi and fantasy concept...Disney backing...Beauty and the Beast-like opening date...Moviepass...

$65M seems like an insanely low number...double that still seems like a small number:)...think bigger...and if it's great, think gigantic, but that will be TBD...

• Like 1

March 16

Love, Simon: Here is a movie that will bomb in my neck of the concrete woods! Love, Simon has been generating a lot of interest online. The first trailer has 3.4M views on Fox’s YouTube channel, which is a fantastic sign for an original movie like this. The book it’s based on is acclaimed, and Greg Berlanti is fairly popular thanks to the CW DC shows. Most importantly, this is rated PG-13 and won’t fall victim to the same downfall Edge of Seventeen faced: the target audience can see the movie! Of course, the main thing going against this is the lack of rural appeal, so audience appeal is somewhat limited. That said, I expect this to play great among the under 25 crowd and in urban areas and can see it being a big hit for Fox. 20/80 (4x)

Tomb Raider: Fanboys/MRAs are complaining about Alicia Vikander’s neck and how it’ll cause the movie to bomb, but there are plenty of other reasons why this is bombing. For starters, it is a video game movie. If anything breaks that curse, it will be Rampage. Second, Warner Brothers has no interest in wasting marketing resources on this one. Ready Player One comes out two weeks later and is a much higher priority. Hell, the 3D release got cancelled for this! Red Sparrow should still be doing solid business going into this weekend, and even Pacific Rim: Uprising should outgross this. I am not seeing any positives for this movie’s box office whatsoever. Love, Simon will win this weekend. 15/40 (2.67x)