kayumanggi

AQUAMAN | 813.4 M overseas ● 1148.5 M worldwide

2 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

See ik that all Hobbit and 4x multi comp make the most sense but I just dont feel like a superhero movie which is well received by audience and just entering the heart of a long festive stretch ahead without much direct competition(I get the screen count part ok) will just wind making 50-60 Mill more than the likes of Venom,AntMan,DS and JL

Hobbit only had a 3.5 multi and I don't think AQM will have a worse multi than the hobbit still it needs a 4.4 multi from this weekend to get to 300m. 

(300 - 3.7) / 67.4.  So that is a lot harder I think. 

59 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Aquaman regains to #1 spot in China this Monday against Spider-Verse. Its Monday is actually better than its last Friday with $5M. It could actually reach $500M today. Depending on the rest of the world.

Yeah its already gone past 500m when germany figures are not added + 5m more from china.

Just now, Asyulus said:

Strengthens the chance for $1 billion WW even more.

$900 million sealed and presumably Hobbit and Jumanji numbers as well.

I wouldn't be too certain on the 900 million+ just yet. Let's see its numbers in North America and other traditional markets on the 1st of Jan and then we can better judge. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

I wouldn't be too certain on the 900 million+ just yet. Let's see its numbers in North America and other traditional markets on the 1st of Jan and then we can better judge. 

Not seeing a scenario where this goes under $900m WW to be honest. $240m should be the floor of DOM. Can’t see this going below $400m OS-C and China should be $270m at worst. Also take note of the phenomenal WOM + legs so far.

It’s locked.

Edited by Asyulus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Not seeing a scenario where this goes under $900m WW to be honest. $240m should be the floor of DOM. Can’t see this going below $400m OS-C and China should be $270m at worst. Also take note of the phenomenal WOM + legs so far.

It’s locked.

I actually think your OS-C numbers might be generous. That's where I have my main doubts. And that's why I want to wait and see how it plays for this coming week there. I can see it closer to the lower end of 600 rather than your top one for total international, which with your 240 dom would put it around the 850 mark, rather than 900+. 

Let's see - I would love this to go past 900, if only because I don't want BVS to continue being the DCEU top grosser, but I would not be TOO confindet in that just yet.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I actually think your OS-C numbers might be generous. That's where I have my main doubts. And that's why I want to wait and see how it plays for this coming week there. I can see it closer to the lower end of 600 rather than your top one for total international, which with your 240 dom would put it around the 850 mark, rather than 900+. 

Let's see - I would love this to go past 900, if only because I don't want BVS to continue being the DCEU top grosser, but I would not be TOO confindet in that just yet.

Just look at how it's holding in the top 15 non-China markets. I broke it down on the last page. It's a foregone conclusion that it'll make at least $400M OS-C (possibly up to $440M). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VTKajin said:

Just look at how it's holding in the top 15 non-China markets. I broke it down on the last page. It's a foregone conclusion that it'll make at least $400M OS-C (possibly up to $440M). 

It hasn't been playing longer than a week in most of those markets, so I think it's too early to judge how it's holding there, and 150+ from rest of the world, as you put it, seems very generous. With increased competition (if nothing else, it will hurt its screen space), seeing how it plays out this week is crucial. As I said, I would absolutely love it to do 900+, but I'm not yet convinced. Fingers crossed, though. 

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

It hasn't been playing longer than a week in most of those markets, so I think it's too early to judge how it's holding there, and 150+ from rest of the world, as you put it, seems very generous. With increased competition (if nothing else, it will hurt its screen space), seeing how it plays out this week is crucial. As I said, I would absolutely love it to do 900+, but I'm not yet convinced. Fingers crossed, though. 

If you look at typical legs for the season in markets that have holiday legs and how good WoM is in Asia, they're solid projections and likely to be close to the final totals. I'll gladly update the numbers as time goes on, but I'm confident in its performance.

As for ROW, Venom made $256M in the markets I listed sans China and then received another $116M ROW. A bit higher on both counts for AQ isn't unlikely. Will likely be close to BvS, which made $305M in those markets sans China and then $140M ROW. 

• Like 1

488M + 10M mon dom + 5 mon china + 5 tue china+ SK 6.5m = ~515M WW 

That makes 432m OS on Christmas minus whatever it made around other markets post sunday.

Already above all DCEU entry OS BvS is next.

OS-China on Christmas - 189M (should be above 200 with other markets)

• Like 1

my main question is to all the folks who are keeping tabs of Aquaman' run in the various OS markets.

Does it still has enough gas left to chase for 400 OS-China (its already halfway on christmas) ?

Seeing any early signs of breakout in AUS ?

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

my main question is to all the folks who are keeping tabs of Aquaman' run in the various OS markets.

Does it still has enough gas left to chase for 400 OS-China (its already halfway on christmas) ?

Seeing any early signs of breakout in AUS ?

Probably will be $400-440M. Don't see it going lower with its current performance. 

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2018/12/aquaman-bumblebee-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-mary-poppins-returns-china-global-international-box-office-1202525382/

In new openings, Korea bowed to $9.9M on 1,260 screens for No. 1, above BVS, JLand WW. France grossed $6.2M on 607 screens at No. 1 and on par with JL, but above WW. Germany came in over JL and WW with $4.2M on 775 screens. Spaincaught $2.8M from 511 to tie JL and land 23% over WW.

The Top 5 markets are heavily weighted in China’s favor with the Middle Kingdom at $232.8M, followed by Brazil ($17.1M), Mexico ($16.1M), Russia ($12.8M) and the UK ($12.6M).

• Thanks 1