YM!

This **** is Bananas: Rampage as WB 2018 DOM highest grosser

In or Out  

42 members have voted

1. 1. IN or OUT

• IN: King Kong ain’t got shit on me
    • OUT: The Rock sucks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/18/2018 at 03:00 PM

Hello it’s been a minute but I believe Rampage can be Warner Bros biggest film domestically for 2018 for a few reasons.

Power Of the Rock - 

With Jumanji on its way to possibly being Sony’s biggest film ever domestic, we can no longer deny his power. Sure Baywatch bombed but Efron is box office poison anyways. Moana did $250M and F7 did $350M. F8te did $225M last year too.

Trailer Views

- 22M for a first trailer especially one that’s a new franchise is solid.

WB’s other releases

When you look at it, WB has three things that can stop George from going apeshit, they are Ready Player One, Beasts 2, and Aquaman. But they all have things in their way too. RP1

may not be able to effecientially find a big enough audience. Aquaman was not remarkable in JL and the December competition for it is stacked. Beasts 2, although the first did well, will likely not be as big as the original Potter films. Also consider the nature of sequels and I think for domestic, this might draw in more fans.

Breakout possibilities-

Now before we argue that New Line doesn’t have big films outside of the Tolkien sagas, lets take a look at how big IT broke out. Not to mention everything between it and Black Panther doesn’t look to strong.

They have a flying wolf

- A fucking flying wolf

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm going to say out, I think Aquaman will surprise. Thinking San Andreas numbers for Rampage. 

Guessing you don't think RPO will make $300m anymore? 

I still do it has a shot but I think after Jumanji perhaps Rampage will be way bigger.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I still do it has a shot but I think after Jumanji perhaps Rampage will be way bigger.

The new promo for RPO makes me think it could do more than Rampage but I think Rampage will do well, the release date is only two weeks before Avengers which will hurt its legs.

33 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Power Of the Rock - 

With Jumanji on its way to possibly being Sony’s biggest film ever domestic, we can no longer deny his power. Sure Baywatch bombed but Efron is box office poison anyways. Moana did $250M and F7 did $350M. F8te did $225M last year too.

Can't really say that after Greatest Showman, now.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Thanks 1

I think this movie will do better than people think, but I'm not ready to count FB or Aquaman out yet. Plus, with Avengers two weeks after this, its legs are going to get cut off. Rampage doesn't have the counter-programming thing going for it like Jumanji did. I'm out for now.

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Sure Baywatch bombed but Efron is box office poison anyways.

In lead in a vast array of movie yes, but in a supporting comedy role ? He is a not a poison (in today world why a poison would ever appear in a studio movie it is not the golden era were the studio were contractually forced to use an actors a certain amount of time), he just did 150m with Neighbors and about the same I imagine with Showman.

Before Jumanji Johnson achieved that once outside the F&F franchise, with a giant budget destruction movie.

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Not to mention everything between it and Black Panther doesn’t look to strong.

And everything until Avenger also, nice all alone for every special screen windows, how big Avengers is for a third weekend competition is obviously not ideal, but that is still a really nice window.

Mowgli is an other one that could take WB domestic crown I imagine, Jungle Book is still one of the biggest franchise outthere after all and recently animated talking animal has been really big.

Edited by Barnack

Out. Aquaman has more room to breathe than Rampage which has to contend with Avengers. I honestly think WB should switch Rampage and Tomb Raider release dates. Tomb Raider won’t do well anywhere on the calendar atleast it won’t have that much competition in April and can quietly die. 

Nah. I have a hard time believing this won't implode after OW, even if it manages something shockingly big like 70m or something. It looks like a train wreck. A marketable train wreck they can sell for a good OW, but a train wreck nonetheless. 

Beasts will for sure beat it. I'd say the same for Aquaman, but it's DCEU so who the hell knows what the floor is there lol. 

Edited by MovieMan89

10 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Sure Baywatch bombed but Efron is box office poison anyways.

What's that new movie with Zac Efron that's had the most impressive box office performance of last year? It's on the tip of my tongue...

• Like 1

I'm hardcore stanning for this (and anyone who thinks this doesn't look like epic dumb shitty awesomeness is wack beyond their minds), but I'm OUT. Beasts 2 and Aquaman will fight for that spot.

If you want to join a more plausible Rampage club, join this one :ph34r:

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Nah. I have a hard time believing this won't implode after OW, even if it manages something shockingly big like 70m or something. It looks like a train wreck. A marketable train wreck they can sell for a good OW, but a train wreck nonetheless. 

Beasts will for sure beat it. I'd say the same for Aquaman, but it's DCEU so who the hell knows what the floor is there lol. 

Whu? If this is anywhere near what it looks like (a trainwreck, yes, but a delightfully fun, audience pleaser of a trainwreck with the Rock fighting giant monsters), why the hell would it implode after OW? Because of Infinity War? One bad weekend doesn't immediately kill the legs of a movie like this. This shit is not Baywatch, that looked like a bad trainwreck; this looks like a good, fun trainwreck. I'd be surprised if it has less than AT LEAST a 2.5x.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1