La Binoche

A24's HEREDITARY

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Not really when hereditary goes full horror it becomes pretty standard but go off I guess.

Spoiler

Yes. It mirrors aspects of Rosemary's Baby almost to a fault.- arguably the most known movie about a cult/coven raising hell so to speak. It doesn't get more standard than that.

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Funnily enough, I almost posted the other day that the only A24 horror movie that  I liked lot was It Follows.

Which is not from A24.

Proof they have a Feige reading the scripts.

And a Formula.

I could be mistaken but I thought Hereditary was just distributed by A24 but not produced by A24. As in, A24 caught it at festivals and then scooped up the distribution rights.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I could be mistaken but I thought Hereditary was just distributed by A24 but not produced by A24. As in, A24 caught it at festivals and then scooped up the distribution rights.

Yeah the witch as well. There's only a couple A24 movies that started as A24 movies. I know moonlight was the first one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Using multis as a tool to convince yourself a movie is a hit with tepid numbers is a cool mindtrick.

But a mindtrick nonetheless.

LOL

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

I actually liked a lot of things in Hereditary but the director s choices in A24 movies (the horror type ones) to alienate the Joes & Janes of the world are just way too obvious to be genuine and sincere.

They try so hard to be "different".

Hereditary misses to achieve true greatness because of that typical mindset.

The Witch had the exact same issue.

Those two movies are really twins in many mnay ways.

It Comes At Night was just hot trash.

Didn’t you like “mother!” ?? 😂 talk about alienating audiences. 

(I thought mother was ok, pretentious as hell and aimed at cinephiles, but ok). 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I actually liked a lot of things in Hereditary but the director s choices in A24 movies (the horror type ones) to alienate the Joes & Janes of the world are just way too obvious to be genuine and sincere.

They try so hard to be "different".

Hereditary misses to achieve true greatness because of that typical mindset.

The Witch had the exact same issue.

Those two movies are really twins in many mnay ways.

It Comes At Night was just hot trash.

I'd love to use this as my signature.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

LOL

Didn’t you like “mother!” ?? 😂 talk about alienating audiences. 

(I thought mother was ok, pretentious as hell and aimed at cinephiles, but ok). 

Futurist's avatar is a clue as to why he loved "mother."

I actually thought it was ok, but Passengers? Now THAT is a travesty and a crime against cinema, and I bet Futurist thinks it's a masterpiece. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Same difference.

They still in the end choose what they think is hot & hip and edgy.

It s even easier when films are finished.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:49 PM, baumer said:

Respectfully disagree.  Chastain had the best performance last year for Molly's Game.  And it's better than Collette's imo.

Baumer I think we are living in different universes. Chastain basically copied her performance from Miss Sloane. It was a mediocre showy performance of "I am confident and I talk loud"

Edited by norbar

On 6/21/2018 at 5:17 PM, The Futurist said:

The best & most beautiful ideas are often the simplest.

Hereditary director wish he had the lightbulb moment of John Krasinski for A Quiet Place. 

And John Krasinski wish he had a seconde one just as good for his next film.

If you're a simple person the only ideas you will appreciate are the simple ones.

20 minutes ago, norbar said:

Baumer I think we are living in different universes. Chastain basically copied her performance from Miss Sloane. It was a mediocre showy performance of "I am confident and I talk loud"

Well, I guess agree to disagree.  

I've just watched this movie ( I was curious, so I gave it a try ).

Pretty much fucked up, if you ask me.  I got Fant4stic vibes and Suicide Squad vibes after seeing it. Movie starts as a drama ( a very good one, mind you ) and then turns into something it wasn't meant to be, during its third act. 

Yes, a ton of people were laughing during the last act. The movie really lost its way there. I would like to see something like the first 2 acts. Third act is hilarious. It was a mess and tried to be a lot of things at the same time. 

I would give a 7/10 for 65% of the movie and a 2,5/10 for the last act. It was really that bad or hilarious. 

On 6/24/2018 at 11:54 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Pretty much fucked up, if you ask me.  I got Fant4stic vibes and Suicide Squad vibes after seeing it. 

You think there was studio meddling in an independent movie, Hereditary, released by A24?