Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

I don’t think this can beat Iron Man 2 for the 3-day simply because it’s opening over a holiday weekend. 110/135 seems the best I can hope for for the 3-4day opening. That being said, legs COULD be great, but the one-two punch of Jurassic and Lightyear are going to be tough competition.

Still it will benefit from the summer weekdays at play, and Lightyear while will play more older like Sonic 2/ITSV is a different demographic (besides more and more if i were to pick from the likely blockbusters of the summer, it’s the underperformer).

Just saw it... if it really opens to 100 3-day, yeah, can't see how it misses American Sniper. It's the best of this generation of legacy sequels. Just the real deal. REPEAT viewings will be strong, that's how good it is. Jurassic World will obviously outgross it but no way audiences will like that one more.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

24 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Just saw it... if it really opens to 100 3-day, yeah, can't see how it misses American Sniper. It's the best of this generation of legacy sequels. Just the real deal. REPEAT viewings will be strong, that's how good it is. Jurassic World will obviously outgross it but no way audiences will like that one more.

Mad Max 4 level great?:ph34r:

Ugh. Good catch! That one doesn't feel quite like these other legacy sequels do, though I know it counts (and yes, nothing is Fury Road). Of the legacy sequels that feature original cast members... this one is hard to top. Just a great piece of filmmaking.

• Like 3

I know he really owes his career to having a famous dad but I can't help but wonder if Lewis Pullman will ever overcome the vibe of "who you call when Tom Holland either passes or is busy." Holland was actually originally considered for his role in Bad Times at the El Royale.

9 hours ago, Gopher said:

take my breath away

10 hours ago, Gopher said:

I must admit I am not a big fan of the original. There were moments I enjoyed but the movie itself did not grip me that much. But if this is like MI kind of quality, I am super excited and I will see this in Dolby for sure.