Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Strange was 7305 in 28 theaters. Hopefully wom will help TGM

wait they are two different things.

Doctor Strange sold 7K+ tickets only in the "real" city of Paris.

In the same context Top gun sold 2K+ as i said

that 5K + is counting all the metropolitan area of paris. That's basically 1/6 of all the french population 

Edited by vale9001
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

wait they are two different things.

Doctor Strange sold 7K+ tickets only in the "real" city of Paris.

In the same context Top gun sold 2K+ as i said

that 5K + is counting all the "urban area" of paris. 

Damn, that's bad for TGM then

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Damn, that's bad for TGM then

Isn’t the Doctor Strange gross for the first entire day of release because the report is on the 25th and the movie released on the 24th there and Top Gun Maverick’s total is just till 2pm?

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The overseas performance is going to be mediocre at best by the nature of how American and patriotic the IP is. Mission Impossible doesn't suffer from that, which should help Dead Reckoning immensely.

should be 200-300m overseas ? Dinos probably prevent anything higher ?

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

Dogfights are cool, but it's not really a good film.

A film made in 1982 with Richard Gere, "An Officer And A Gentlemen" about a group of  people going through the first stage of Naval Aviator OCS is a much better film as far as drama goes. It also gives a much more realistic view of life in the military which Top GUn does not. Maverick would have been grounded permamently if he pulled one fourth the shit he pulls in the movie.

How many times are you going to bitch that Top Gun wasn't realistic?  No shit.  Everyone knows that.  Nobody cares.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Maverick123 said:

Isn’t the Doctor Strange gross for the first entire day of release because the report is on the 25th and the movie released on the 24th there and Top Gun Maverick’s total is just till 2pm?

No that's until 2 pm in Paris.

Top gun total is not that bad.  I would say it can make a 4-5M (euros)  first weekend in France. I don't know what people were expexting OS for this movie but it's not bad for sure. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

No that's until 2 pm in Paris.

Top gun total is not that bad.  I would say it can make a 4-5M (euros)  first weekend in France. I don't know what people were expexting OS for this movie but it's not bad for sure. 

Well it looks like it will open at least 2M less than Fantastic Beasts 3 and less than many movies which opened during the heights of the pandemic. That sucks. Low openings in France and Italy predict Europe is not gonna be here for this movie

Edited by Maggie

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Well it looks like it will open at least 2M less than Fantastic Beasts 3 and less than many movies which opened during the heights of the pandemic. That sucks. Low openings in France and Italy predict Europe is not gonna be here for this movie

Well Fanstastic Beats is a spin off a famous brand and his first chapter made 31 M (dollars) in france.

So it's not so suriprising. I think then Top Gun could easily make a bigger total than that super frontloaded movie. 

The other movies i posted are all marvel, sequels plus dune and 007. 

Edited by vale9001

After thinking on this since I left the cinema, I can’t think of a long awaited sequel that totally delivers as much as this does. It is everything that audiences wanted from a Top Gun sequel, if there was ever going to be one. 
Every single narrative decision that they’ve made is perfect. Like it’s been sat there locked away for 35 years until time could pass for it to be realised. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just saw it.

I never saw the first film but this is a spectacular action film with brilliant set pieces and cinematography, and the entire cast has insanely good chemistry with each other. It can be a very cheesy film at times that is a bit to its detriment, but is usually part of the film's charm. Tom Cruise is fantastic and truly in his element here. 

I haven't seen an action film in so long that felt this...clean.

Must watch.

• Like 7