WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 16 if you care): Jumanji 10.9M | Maze Runner 10.5M | Winchester 9.3M | Showman 7.7M | The Post 5.3M | Hostiles 5.2M

Jumanji 2 predictions for the weekend - 

BOM - 12.1 million (-25.04%)

ProBoxOffice - 10 million+ (-37.5%)

Early Deadline Estimate - (353-341.6) = 11.4 million (-29.38%)

Around 9.95 million (-38.36%) will be a very good result for J2. While anything over 10.35 million (-35.9%) will be extremely good because it'll ensure that J2 keeps it's current pace with NATM.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

Around 9.95 million (-38.36%) will be a very good result for J2. While anything over 10.35 million (-35.9%) will be extremely good because it'll ensure that J2 keeps it's current pace with NATM.

So following NATM where Jumanji will finish?

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

As far as I know, The 15:17 to Paris won't be screened for critics any earlier than Wednesday night. That's...not exactly a promising sign.

http://advancescreenings.com/movie/the_15_17_to_paris

@EmpireCity mentioned the movie's not good so it's no surprise really. 

Eastwood managed to make a film even shorter than Sully which is impressive, can't imagine it was that expensive to make so WB will probably take this on the chin and hope Eastwood's delivers with The Mule.

52 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

I think that's just a prediction and not based on Early Fri numbers.

Even with a 10+ weekend taking it to 351.5+, adding 3x the weekend more will take it to low 380s. I think GOTG2 is more likely to go down than not.

Edited by a2knet

31 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

So following NATM where Jumanji will finish?

9.95 million 7th Weekend - 391.89 million

10.35 million 7th Weekend - 393.91 million

11 million 7th weekend - 397.2 million

The final totals are calculated on the basis of J2 mirroring the legs of NATM after their respective 7th weekends. Let's assume J2 will collapse in a heap (or so to speak) in the next 2 weeks in the face of substantial competition.

J2 collapses 20% against NATM's legs after 7th weekend - 384.14 million

J2 collapses 30% against NATM's legs after 7th weekend - 380.05 million

So J2 is pretty much locked for 380 million even in a catastrophic scenario.

• Thanks 1

Entertainment Studios’ Christian Bale western Hostiles at 2,934 is looking at $5M, -50% in weekend 7 with a running total of by Sunday of $20.7M.

Neon/30WEST’s I, Tonya looks to gain $2.2M from its expansion to 1,442 theaters in weekend 9 for a running cume of $22.3M.

• Like 1

If Juamnji is 8.5-9.5 this weekend and TGS is 7, can TGS crack top 3 next weekend?

50 Shades

Rabbit

TGS/Jumanji

edit: Well, there's also The 15:17 to Paris

Edited by a2knet

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Fucking hell, would rather Jumanji or Maze take up first place rather than this forgettable whatever of a movie

Winchester has an advantage in that it's main target demo doesn't care about the Superbowl. But they also could die during a scary movie, so it's a delicate balancing act for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

Next weekend's going to be far more interesting. I doubt 50 shades will match the last one, I'm thinking something like 36-37M for it. I'm pumped for Peter Rabbit and a hoping it can pull Hop numbers.

15;17 looks DOA. 10M weekend, 30M total. 

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Ok, I need to look up what this Samson movie is. I keep reading sarcastic comments about the movie.

Reason being that my good friend @slambros (bless you man, even if your clubs are.... a little too ambitious :P) made a club that banked on Samson beating Black Panther for OW.

Samson is supposed to be a remake of a homonimous, religious epic, to my awareness.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

If Juamnji is 8.5-9.5 this weekend and TGS is 7, can TGS crack top 3 next weekend?

50 Shades

Rabbit

TGS/Jumanji

edit: Well, there's also The 15:17 to Paris

15:17 should at least cross $10M, so no.