DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

Saw it today

Thought it was pretty good. Definitely one of the better MCU movies. 

I liked all the characters especially his sister Shuri, Okoye and M’backa. 

I didn’t expect them to kill off both Klaue and Killmonger. 

I wanted to see what happened to W’ Kabi after the fight was over. Is he going to be a bad guy from this point on? 

• Like 1

@grey ghost In my opinion, he's the best villain ever. The only downside he had is that he was not given enough time to lead.

-his motivation and drive is almost hard to argue with

-his thematical contrast with T'challa being the main political argument of the movie works out amazingly well

-His very existence: He represents the sins of the father (and subsequently the sins of the ancestors). Both Killmonger's and T'challa's rage stem from the same moment. Wakanda's existence is what sets Erik's mind to conquer the world. Erik's existence is what convinces T'challa to open up and reach to the world.

-MBJ's amazing performance

-Character integrity

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

@grey ghost In my opinion, he's the best villain ever. The only downside he had is that he was not given enough time to lead.

-his motivation and drive is almost hard to argue with

-his thematical contrast with T'challa being the main political argument of the movie works out amazingly well

-His very existence: He represents the sins of the father (and subsequently the sins of the ancestors). Both Killmonger's and T'challa's rage stem from the same moment. Wakanda's existence is what sets Erik's mind to conquer the world. Erik's existence is what convinces T'challa to open up and reach to the world.

-MBJ's amazing performance

-Character integrity

Also the symbolism is so accurate regarding the complexity and contradictions of the angry black man archetype especially in how it is woven with the rest of the characters and story.

They cover so much ground. Like I said, the only major black struggle element they avoid is the self hating black person and the overt or covert white supremacist. I hope they address these both in the sequels but in equally challenging and thought provoking ways.

Edited by grey ghost

Movie was bad as expected, but that part where Kaluuya gets to hear from his loved one that she would put a country over him without hesitation had me raging. 

Even more irrealistic was he dropping his weapon; if anything he should have gotten more violent and willing to fight, ESPECIALLY after stopping the attack on Baku for her.

Edited by Goffe

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Movie was bad as expected, but that part where Kaluuya gets to hear from his loved one that she would put a country over him without hesitation had me raging. 

Even more irrealistic was he dropping his weapon; if anything he should have gotten more violent and willing to fight, ESPECIALLY after stopping the attack on Baku for her.

Why did you expect the movie to be bad?

On 2/22/2018 at 6:52 PM, Deja23 said:

HD image of Killmonger’s suit. Kinda terrifying.

7856aizxdth01.jpg 

Those spots on the suit made it look more like a leopard than Panther. 

But yeah, it’s flashy and terrifying. Especially the mask with teeth all baring at the mouth there.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Those spots on the suit made it look more like a leopard than Panther. 

But yeah, it’s flashy and terrifying. Especially the mask with teeth all baring at the mouth there.

Yeah, apparently it’s a nod to the comic book because Killmonger has pet leopards. Plus leopards are panthers found in Africa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Not even 10 minutes and you guys are already jumping on Goffe just cause he has a different opinion, jfc

Goffe pretty much always bashes MCU.

Why do people always come out the woodwork defending Goffe as if he's impartial and fair?

People like Baumer, CJohn and even Ethan and Noctis are more open minded to MCU than Goffe.

9 times out 10, Goffe is blindly attacking everything MCU.

And I asked him a fair question.

20 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Goffe pretty much always bashes MCU.

Why do people always come out the woodwork defending Goffe as if he's impartial and fair?

People like Baumer, CJohn and even Ethan and Noctis are more open minded to MCU than Goffe.

9 times out 10, Goffe is blindly attacking everything MCU.

And I asked him a fair question.

You act like he's committing a crime because he dislikes some comic book movies.  They make millions of dollars and get insanely high critic ratings anyway, not sure why you let his opinion affect you that much.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2