Jump to content
DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

Recommended Posts

I was having Thor flashbacks from that fight scene on the bridge, and the CGI - Marvel needs to get it together on that front. 

 

Everything else was great though, definitely up there in terms of the MCU, and I actually enjoyed T'Challa's character more than most others we've seen in this universe so far. 

 

The whole race issue seems overblown in retrospect, it's a good movie. Period. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I’ve seen it. 

 

 

Since Killmonger and Nakia don't appear in IW, do they die (NOOOO!) or something else happens? I read somewhere that Nakia will become the villain in sequels. 

 

Super hyped for this. Seeing it on Thursday. :excited:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Since Killmonger and Nakia don't appear in IW, do they die (NOOOO!) or something else happens? I read somewhere that Nakia will become the villain in sequels. 

 

Super hyped for this. Seeing it on Thursday. :excited:

Kilmonger, yes. Nakia - no and there's zero indication she becomes evil, in fact she and T'Challa become lovers again.

 

lmao at the credits scene being in the trailers though - just epitomises what Mangold was talking about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Kilmonger, yes. Nakia - no and there's zero indication she becomes evil, in fact she and T'Challa become lovers again.

 

lmao at the credits scene being in the trailers though - just epitomises what Mangold was talking about.

Thank you! :)

 

How does Killmonger die? Is it during the shirtless fight? And why he brought people to tears? 

 

What's the credits scene? 

 

Most badass Danai moment? 

Edited by Valonqar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Kilmonger, yes. Nakia - no and there's zero indication she becomes evil, in fact she and T'Challa become lovers again.

 

lmao at the credits scene being in the trailers though - just epitomises what Mangold was talking about.

 

Wow, really? Putting a post credit scene in the trailer is laughable. I totally get Mangold's rant now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

 

Wow, really? Putting a post credit scene in the trailer is laughable. I totally get Mangold's rant now.

 

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Does it really matter if we don't know which scene it is? 

I mean...

black-panther-17.nocrop.w710.h2147483647

To give a bit of context, the final scene is T'Challa and Shuri in the Oakland playground from the first scene, telling her of his intention to do international outreach. And this UN scene which is the first post credits scene, is him giving a speech about Wakanda unveiling itself to the world and providing international aid. Unlike the second credits scene which is Shuri waking Bucky up on the outskirts of the Wakanda city, this one is just pointless ultimately and could have worked a lot better in the film. 

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Thank you! :)

 

How does Killmonger die? Is it during the shirtless fight? And why he brought people to tears? 

 

What's the credits scene? 

 

Most badass Danai moment? 

Stabbed by T'Challa in final fight on that monorail track (with iffy VFX, remember from the previous trailer). Dies as the two of them look over the sunset (T'Challa offers to heal him but Kilmonger says no and pulls the blade out). The shirtless fight is in the middle of the film and not the end.

 

Badass Danai moment - the casino fight IMO.

Edited by antovolk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Is Shuri and Bucky scene implied romance or just a regular scene? 

Just a regular scene.

 

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think the VFX looked bad in the final fight? It was fine to me, I had no problem with it.

 

Shuri was definitely a highlight though, and her relationship with T'Challa was great. I loved it when she got him to kick the suit the second time and he went flinging back, and then you just hear him tell her to delete that footage, it got a big laugh.

 

And speaking of reactions, when Killmonger killed that Dora Milaje someone behind and to the left of us gasped so damn loud, so you could tell they were obviously into it. And everyone laughed at all the coloniser/white people jokes, so they were also well done. I also liked how they called Bucky "White wolf" at the end, and how he was referenced earlier in the film when Shuri remarked that Ross was another white boy for them to fix. :D The rhino charging Okoye and then stopping and licking her face also got a good response.

 

It's a pity Killmonger died, it could've been cool to maybe see him be redeemed, but it was in character for him to rather die than get locked up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This all seems to take place within a few weeks of the end of Civil War. 

 

SMH mostly takes place several months after Civil War. 

 

There does seem to be a slight disconnect in that there’s no acknowledgement of Wakanda revealing themselves to the world in SMH. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gamora said:

Just a regular scene.

 

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think the VFX looked bad in the final fight? It was fine to me, I had no problem with it.

 

Shuri was definitely a highlight though, and her relationship with T'Challa was great. I loved it when she got him to kick the suit the second time and he went flinging back, and then you just hear him tell her to delete that footage, it got a big laugh.

 

And speaking of reactions, when Killmonger killed that Dora Milaje someone behind and to the left of us gasped so damn loud, so you could tell they were obviously into it. And everyone laughed at all the coloniser/white people jokes, so they were also well done. I also liked how they called Bucky "White wolf" at the end, and how he was referenced earlier in the film when Shuri remarked that Ross was another white boy for them to fix. :D The rhino charging Okoye and then stopping and licking her face also got a good response.

 

It's a pity Killmonger died, it could've been cool to maybe see him be redeemed, but it was in character for him to rather die than get locked up.

Thank you! Sounds great! Tomorrow's the day!:D

 

@DeeCee Thank you! :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When M'Baku is messing with Bilbo, he says that his people are vegetarians, but in the scene after this he states that one of his fishermen found T'Challa.

 

Fish are, as far as I am aware, are not vegetables. Why would his vegetarian people need fish? Completely took me out of the movie. Very sloppy work from the filmmakers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

When M'Baku is messing with Bilbo, he says that his people are vegetarians, but in the scene after this he states that one of his fishermen found T'Challa.

 

Fish are, as far as I am aware, are not vegetables. Why would his vegetarian people need fish? Completely took me out of the movie. Very sloppy work from the filmmakers.

Maybe they are fisherman for trade and not food.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.