That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

Oh man I was about to say to my mom earlier "only thing missing with that incredible cast was Denzel." We're so twins, Sam.

And you'd probably be happy to know that when Vic Damone unfortunately passed away last week, Twitter was quick to remember Chris Tucker's Oscar worthy portrayal of Vic Damone Jr.

To have the best Chris become part of MCU is me, you, and @MrPink dreams.

We gotta keep pushing it. Never know, it could happen.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

400 requires an admissions increase from the first. That's not an easy feat by any stretch for any sequel to something that did huge admissions. If everything goes right for it, I see a similar situation as Dory where it basically grosses the same as the first adjusted, so $385-ish. 

Again I get that but what people forget is that Incredibles 1 had a lot of competition during its opening. Incredibles grew over time. I think it’ll breakout massively especially due to the fact that family movies aren’t too big so far this year. The fact that I2 has the most views for an animated movie, and the only thing that kids and adults will be interested in animation wise until Grinch makes me think $400M is extremely possible, especially $500M if Pixar creates a classic.

A+ cinemascore. Looks like BP will not have much problem clearing $500m. That means 4 consecutive years of at least one $500m+ film from Disney.

BTW the top 10 alltime DOM list (non-adjusted) might change quite a bit this year, with BP and the upcoming IW and JW2. TDK might be down to No.10 lol

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Oh man I was about to say to my mom earlier "only thing missing with that incredible cast was Denzel." We're so twins, Sam.

There is always the BP sequels.

All the famous black actors and actresses are all going to be lining up for the chance to be in the BP sequel.

BP just proves yet again that it doesn't matter how many heroes are in a movie etc...   It's about being quality but also bringing something new to the table and something that can stand on it's own.  We saw it with Deadpool.  We saw it with Wonder Woman. We are seeing it with Black Panther.  

Black Panther could do more than Civil War and Age of Ultron domestic.  Actually,  it looks like it will at least take out Civil War.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The fact that I2 has the most views for an animated movie

If you're talking Youtube views, I regret to inform you that Sing actually has a 120 million view trailer floating on Youtube somewhere.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Again I get that but what people forget is that Incredibles 1 had a lot of competition during its opening. Incredibles grew over time. I think it’ll breakout massively especially due to the fact that family movies aren’t too big so far this year. The fact that I2 has the most views for an animated movie, and the only thing that kids and adults will be interested in animation wise until Grinch makes me think $400M is extremely possible, especially $500M if Pixar creates a classic.

Well I've never been convinced Incredibles has held the generational relevancy among kids that Toy Story or Nemo has. I feel like it's mainly the 20 somethings that are so hyped for I2. I don't know if I see it appealing to kids the way TS3 or Dory did. I think the appeal for them could be more on a Monsters University level, although the much much higher adult demand will obviously take it well above that movie, and a barren schedule and likely better received film, as has been mentioned. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

BP just proves yet again that it doesn't matter how many heroes are in a movie etc... It's about being quality but also bringing something new to the table and something that can stand on it's own. We saw it with Deadpool. We saw it with Wonder Woman. We are seeing it with Black Panther.

Black Panther could do more than Civil War and Age of Ultron domestic. Actually, it looks like it will at least take out Civil War.

Also solo standalone superhero movies still have a ton of merit and they can breakout big time as BP and WW proved. It isn't all about the team ups.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

@Chewy, @Sam we've literally been going on about Panther since what feels like the Middle Ages. Actually got it today and it was just what we wanted. Man, I'm sleeping good tonight. Captain Marvel is next. Feige has no chill at this point.

I still remember that time they brought Chadwick onstage with Evans and Downey Jr. to officially reveal him as the Black Panther.

We came a long way indeed. I’m already ready for my second viewing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well I've never been convinced Incredibles has held the generational relevancy among kids that Toy Story or Nemo has. I feel like it's mainly the 20 somethings that are so hyped for I2. I don't know if I it appealing to kids the way TS3 or Dory did. I think the appeal for them could be more on a Monster University level, although the much much higher adult demand will obviously take it well above that movie. 

I get that but this is it for families th, especially animation wise. There's a chance no family film including Time does over $100M until it comes. HT3 won't be Pets and TTG won't go over Emoji. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Also solo standalone superhero movies still have a ton of merit and they can breakout big time as BP and WW proved. It isn't all about the team ups.

I think there’s also limiting factors with team ups now, as there’s definitely an audience that will like BP or WW but wont care about the team up movie (meanwhile everyone who likes the team ups will like some of the solos)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

BP just proves yet again that it doesn't matter how many heroes are in a movie etc...   It's about being quality but also bringing something new to the table and something that can stand on it's own.  We saw it with Deadpool.  We saw it with Wonder Woman. We are seeing it with Black Panther.  

Black Panther could do more than Civil War and Age of Ultron domestic.  Actually,  it looks like it will at least take out Civil War.  

I feel pretty good saying it'll top Ultron and Civil War no problem.  

Now I'm wondering.:.TDK?

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I get that but this is it for families th, especially animation wise. There's a chance no family film including Time does over $100M until it comes. HT3 won't be Pets and TTG won't go over Emoji. 

Yes, which is why I'm still predicting 350+ for it. I just don't know if it can hit 400. 

Also worth noting, How to Train Your Dragon 2 was in the same spot as I2 back in summer 2014 and looked completely poised to dominate, with many 400+ predictions floating around here. Then it ended up inexplicably missing 200 and even more inexplicably getting beat by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in August, which no one saw coming. Not saying I2 will miss 200 or get beat by HT3 or anything, but it doesn't necessarily have to do as well as everyone thinks if enough kids just aren't that into it.