That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

36 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Is that why we're still actively talking about how forgotten it is more than 8 years after its release on pretty much a weekly basis?

That's because IronJimbo can't stop talking about it :redcapes:

I don't want to imagine how crazy he'll be when Avatar 2 comes :insane:

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Did you know Jim lived in his car when he wrote The Terminator. Just like his cyborg killer, Cameron would stop at nothing to complete his mission?

Holy shit really? That's incredible.

• Astonished 1

11 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

WB jokes always been lame. A decade ago Batman was doing unthinkable numbers, the major studios all have their days..

WB has 5 of the monthly OW records, it's not like they're Paramount and even Sony outside of Jumanji and Spider-Man hasn't done so hot. Only a few months ago, IT smashed the September record and American Sniper's OW record has yet to be challenged. 

10 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The notion that the general audience disliked Wonder Woman, when it made 4 times its opening weekend result (something no other 100 million+ opener has ever achieved), is absolutely, utterly STUPID, to say the least.

Agreed, BP's OW is incredible but you can't discredit that Wonder Woman had a fantastic run and both Disney and WB will be very happy with their respective superhero films have done but both landed in the zeitgest and I think we shouldn't be pitching them against each other.

9 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Agree that May 2021 is the perfect time to unleash Black Panther 2. 2020 should be GOTG 3, Doctor Strange 2 and maybe a new character/team (Fantastic Four, I'd guess?).

Btw, rundown of the MCU's biggest opening weekends:

01. The Avengers - 207 million

02. Black Panther - 195-200 million

03. Avengers: Age Of Ultron - 191 million

04. Captain America: Civil War - 179 million

05. Iron Man 3 - 174 million

06. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - 146 million

07. Iron Man 2 - 128 million

08. Thor: Ragnarok - 122 million

09. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 117 million

10. Iron Man - 98 million

An almost entirely 100 million openers-only top 10. And the non-100 million opener was a 98 million opener. AND Infinity War will make it an all 100 million top 10 either way. I'm no asskisser of anyone, but what Kevin Feige has accomplished w/this franchise really is masterful.

May 1st 2021 is a given unless Marvel goes for February 2021. I suspect WB or another studio will lock February 12th 2021 for a superhero film.

• Like 1

With China over $500m, Domestic at $270m and BP overseas $170m, is it reasonable to suggest we may have just had the first ever (pretty sure) $1b worldwide weekend at the box office! 

EDIT:

China had $505m with pretty much no hollywood films

Domestic has $270m

BP overseas $170m

that's already $945m

Looking further (http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-fifty-shades-freed-monster-hunt-2-detective-chinatown-2-weekend-results-international-box-office-1202293876/), we have $11m from Maze Runner overseas, Showman $9.6m, Jumanji $4.8m, Shape of Water $12.3m, Coco $6.8m. Those bring us up to $990m, since Fifty Shades made ~$12m on Friday overseas, I'd say that confirms that we reached $1 billion in just ONE WEEKEND!!

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 6