That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Just like every other Marvel film, it will be forgotten in under a month.

Boy you better sit your five dollar ass down before I make change. This movie will go generational like Star Wars, Jaws, Goonies, Forrest Gump, Lion King, Mean Girls, Ferris Bueller, etc, etc. It has broken the "just a movie" barrier, and is not a movie anymore, it is a phenomenon, without the Let It Go and we have a Hulk.

Kids that saw this movie today will be watching with their kids in 25 years. This movie and its identity has been ingrained in culture, and will become more mixed in as time goes on. We will still be talking about this movie in 2034 like we still talk about Spider Man 2002. You're not funny.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 5

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Avatar is a pos forgotten movie.

Is that why we're still actively talking about how forgotten it is more than 8 years after its release on pretty much a weekly basis?

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Boy you better sit your five dollar ass down before I make change. This movie will go generational like Star Wars, Jaws, Goonies, Forrest Gump, Lion King, Mean Girls, Ferris Bueller, etc, etc. It has broken the "just a movie" barrier, and is not a movie anymore, it is a phenomenon, without the Let It Go and we have a Hulk.

Kids that saw this movie today will be watching with their kids in 25 years. This movie and its identity has been ingrained in culture, and will become more mixed in as time goes on. We will still be talking about this movie in 2034 like we still talk about Spider Man 2002. You're not funny.

No lies spotted.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

You’re too nice. His ass ain’t worth 5 dollars. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Instead of going crazy, I think we should just look at o/u 600M DOM for now. I doubt overseas will increase much on that, but 1.2B WW is certainly nothing to scoff at

$800M would've been an unmitigated success for this. $1.2B WW is just insane. 

1 hour ago, KJsooner said:

Life exists outside of your mommas basement. Try go chasing some girls, that’s why I was doing when I was 16-17.

And then years later return to the forum and yell at the new generation of 16-year-olds about it! The circle of life.

• Haha 8
  • Astonished 1