That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think Static is that popular anymore and with Black Lightning on TV, it's unlikely they'll want to have two black lightning/electric based heroes. 

I'd say John Stewart co-leading Green Lantern Corps is more likely.

But they're fine with The Flash??

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Dumbo will do well but not $300m well, CM is 50/50 but I think Marvel will be happy if it did Doctor Strange numbers.

Dumbo would probably do 300 if it got Jungle Book level reception. Otherwise I'd say more like $250m. It has a far better release spot than Aladdin, which has an absolutely brutal set of direct competitors to face as far as its legs go.  

Actually something has to give as far as May/June 2019's family slate is concerned. Look at this mess:

May 10th:

Detective Pikachu

Ugly Dolls

May 24th:

Aladdin

Minecraft

June 7th: The Secret Life of Pets 2

June 21st: Toy Story 4

That's way too much in the course of a little over a month. Granted one of those is a non entity (Ugly Dolls), but the rest are all gunning to be huge grossers. 

Edited by MovieMan89

GL had its chance and failed at the big screen. They should give another character a chance at the big screen and Static is perfect IMO even better than a Cyborg solo movie which has no where near the same potential and world as Static. I'm not saying they shouldn't give GL another chance but not at the cost of another character who can get a shot for the first time on the big screen. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Dumbo would probably do 300 if it got Jungle Book level reception. Otherwise I'd say more like $250m. It has a far better release spot than Aladdin, which has an absolutely brutal set of direct competitors to face as far as its legs go.  

The biggest threat to Aladdin is its own director

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, commendable said:

anybody think if captain marvel was released before Wonder Woman, it would be more of a huge break out and do as well as BP right now? I have this huge feeling that the DCEU was dragging WW down

Yea I agree if WW had the brand power of Marvel (16+ fresh movies) known by the GA, it would've most likely been in a similar position to BP on OW. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

thanks I think!

I promise, it's not some sort of backhanded compliment. Even though my opinions about Cameron aren't as hyperbolic as yours, I don't find you to be annoying or anything about them. Fanboys if anything can get annoying if they push their product too hard. You're a pretty legitimate poster and I like that about you

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I am so lost on the Pikachu project, is it live action,  Ryan Reynolds plays the detective, the Pokemon ?

:winomg:

Yeah it's just like Deadpool or Thumbfinity War, live action movie with a cartoon as the main character

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I promise, it's not some sort of backhanded compliment. Even though my opinions about Cameron aren't as hyperbolic as yours, I don't find you to be annoying or anything about them. Fanboys if anything can get annoying if they push their product too hard. You're a pretty legitimate poster and I like that about you

:blush:

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Actually something has to give as far as May/June 2019's family slate is concerned. Look at this mess:

May 10th:

Detective Pikachu

Ugly Dolls

May 24th:

Aladdin

Minecraft

June 7th: The Secret Life of Pets 2

June 21st: Toy Story 4

That's way too much in the course of a little over a month. Granted one of those is a non entity (Ugly Dolls), but the rest are all gunning to be huge grossers. 

Shazam if it's well received and WB/New Line really hit it out of the park marketing wise could scupper Dumbo and to a lesser extent Captain Marvel's chances of $300m. 

9 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

But they're fine with The Flash??

Flash is a bigger name though compared to BL and Static.