That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Too bad Ant-Man will break the streak but Marvel's on a great run with $300M+ grossers. I don't think we need to worry about Disney dumping one of their movies on their streaming service any time soon. ;)

What’s to say Ant Man misses 300M?

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

What’s to say Ant Man misses 300M?

I really doubt it goes that high. In all likelihood it'll see a similar increase from the first Ant-Man movie that the second standalone Captain America movie saw from the first to about $250M total.

14 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Can't see BP until we get to Auckland.

Please tell me it's as good as the reviews. 

I haven't loved a single MCU film. I've liked Guardians 1/2, Doctor Strange and the first Iron Man.

I LOVED Black Panther.

It has joined Spider Man 2 and The Dark Knight as great films, not just great superhero films. The score, the acting, the costumes, the rich tradition and customs, the villain, the writing...the total package.

Just my .2

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I really doubt it goes that high. In all likelihood it'll see a similar increase from the first Ant-Man movie that the second standalone Captain America movie saw from the first to about $250M total.

Which could still be a pretty good gross for Ant Man 2. Since the first one made $180M DOM.

34 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

Some people treat the theater like its their home. I had one of the rudest moviegoers at BP since I can remember. 

This dude couldn't stop commenting on everything in the movie. He'd insert his "witty" quips thinking the audience would laugh. That wasn't enough so he'd repeat lines after a character said them. He clapped obnoxiously loud after a few action scenes -- the only one to do so. During any dialogue scenes, his face was glued to his bright phone screen. It didn't matter if it was an action scene. When characters started talking, his face was on his phone. 

Towards the 3rd act, he started biting his fingernails, sucked on them, and spit them onto the floor. Probably the worst though, was that he took his shoes off, stinking up the room until he mercifully put them back on. 

There was another guy wearing a Make America Great Again hat, but thankfully he sat in the corner and bothered no one.

Nearly ruined my enjoyment. I needed to rant. I fucking hate people sometimes. 

That sucks. I have no issue telling people to shut up, and I'm sure the audience was at the same point you were. Don't be afraid to speak up or get an employee; that shit should not be tolerated.

• Like 1