grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I for my part woundt be surprised to learn that somewhere out there is a 2 hour 50 minute cut of Dominion.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I think there is but at the same time the movie's already the longest of the films, I think directors now need to learn how to streamline scripts and stories again. Dominion has way too much stuff in it.

I definitely think many blockbuster filmmakers need to learn to be more efficient these days, it's like economical storytelling has been thrown out the window in many cases (this is not a reference to The Batman, I love that film to death, it has significantly more ideas going on in 10 minutes than most blockbusters do in an hour these days). I do not believe for a second that Trevorrow would be an exception like Reeves is, but I also feel it's completely on the studio for ever signing off on a script that's clearly going to lead to a very long movie if they aren't then going to accept that once they get it. If Trevorrow's version of the film is 2h and 50 mins then that's the version I'd much prefer to see, as bad as it may be.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I for my part woundt be surprised to learn that somewhere out there is a 2 hour 50 minute cut of Dominion.

Where can I read your full take on the movie?

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I definitely think many blockbuster filmmakers need to learn to be more efficient these days, it's like economical storytelling has been thrown out the window in many cases (this is not a reference to The Batman, I love that film to death, it has significantly more ideas going on in 10 minutes than most blockbusters do in an hour these days). I do not believe for a second that Trevorrow would be an exception like Reeves is, but I also feel it's completely on the studio for ever signing off on a script that's clearly going to lead to a very long movie if they aren't then going to accept that once they get it. If Trevorrow's version of the film is 2h and 50 mins then that's the version I'd much prefer to see, as bad as it may be.

Agreed. 

Spoiler

The prologue (Cretaceous+Rexy rampaging at the theater) being cut alone makes the movie feel very weird in multiple ways, and that's 5 minutes missing right there. I say this as someone who really hated the Cretaceous sequence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What is TROS?

A billion wouldn’t be a bad thing for this film anyway. 

A billion would be a fantastic result considering all the circumstances.

Just got back from JWD. This was so much better than Fallen Kingdom. It's very silly and dumb and maybe a bit too long but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. The OG's were obviously the best part of the movie ...and 74year old Sam Neill shouldn't be that hot 🔥🥵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I genuinely think this is worse than TRoS (and that general audiences will think so, too). At least TRoS had some fun sequences and the main cast had a nice comaraderie. This just is dull. 

Idk, maybe my pessimism is just because I had high hopes. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Fans’s reaction to JWD’s lower than expected critical reception: the-lion-king-simba.gif

Everything I see of TLK 2019 still amazes me that so many people got together to make every wrong decision possible in remaking the movie.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Everything I see of TLK 2019 still amazes me that so many people got together to make every wrong decision possible in remaking the movie.

Im of the opinion that The Lion King 2019 is one of the worst movies of the 2010s decade. Every single thing this movie makes, the original did far better.

Im still traumatized how they bottled Be Prepared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I’m so glad I’ve still never seen it 😂

Aladdin was bad enough. 

Edited by Krissykins

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

MetaCritic is usually harsher for the well received films. When it comes to the worst films, it's very rare that RT isn't lower. Godzilla King of the Monsters and BvS may be sporting 42% and 29% respectively on RT but they're at 48 and 44 on MC. Not even Suicide Squad got as low as red.

This. RT gets very high and very low quite often, and Metacritic trends more toward the middle. So for this to be in the red...yikes. 

2 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Still, its nowhere near the level of bad as BvS or especially Suicide Squad imo. Those movies were damn near unwatchable for me personally.

Agree. As much as I didn't like Dominion, my biggest issue is that it was too long and boring for the most part, but when when wasn't boring, it had a few cool moments, and even then, the parts that I consider bad, weren't awful.

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

I think there is but at the same time the movie's already the longest of the films, I think directors now need to learn how to streamline scripts and stories again. Dominion has way too much stuff in it.

i just rewatched Jurassic Park III and that movie’s ninety minute running time feels like a revelation.  Actually liked it more tonight than I ever have done. 

• Like 2