grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Just now, scoobysaurus said:

The JW hard cores maybe, but JP hard cores expected more. At least the ones I know. Having said that I had a good time watching the movie. I think it would've been best to omit the conclusion to the Jurassic era tag line. If anything I regret travelling half way across the globe to watch it early. 09/06 would've done just fine. 

I still hope the film cracks 200m for its domestic OW although its starting to look exceedingly unlikely. 

I will keep dreaming that over 200M OW dream until it has happened or i wake up.

And i think maybe you will enjoy the movie more on 2nd watch after knowing what to expect and what not to expect?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I will keep dreaming that over 200M OW dream until it has happened or i wake up.

And i think maybe you will enjoy the movie more on 2nd watch after knowing what to expect and what not to expect?

Absolutely. Can't wait for the second viewing. Honestly can't say why I was disappointed without bordering on the outskirts of spoiler territory, but now that I know what's up I might enjoy my second viewing a lot more. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I just want all Summer releases to do strong business (already dead since Downton flopped badly but whatever). Can June, July and August's Bullet Train not mega flop please? Thanks.

Was Downton really that big of a flop? It will surely end up being profitable. Just, a disappointment in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Deadline revised their initial $45m estimate upwards to $50m now. Seems like it’s performing well in most markets and beating the last film in some too:

Fallen Kingdom did 80 million weekend in same territories, so 50 😬😬

As i said, it's all upto Domestic now to get this movie to a Billion. 

It can't faulter in Domestic, it just can't, it can't afford to. If that happens then it's game over for Billion. Unless China explodes which isn't looking likely.

33 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Fallen Kingdom did 80 million weekend in same territories, so 50 😬😬

As i said, it's all upto Domestic now to get this movie to a Billion. 

It can't faulter in Domestic, it just can't, it can't afford to. If that happens then it's game over for Billion. Unless China explodes which isn't looking likely.

Um...

"In like-for-likes and including previews, 2015’s Jurassic World did $47.3M while 2018’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom came in at $59.8M."

20 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

@charlie Jatinder is saying 80

80 is without ER adjustment.

59 would be right for ER adj but coincidentally all of them have inflation similar to ER loss.

On 6/4/2022 at 8:12 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

$50M seems about right. Main decline is coming in Korea.

JW:FK JW:D
Korea $32.97 $15.00
Hong Kong $5.44 $3.50
Italy $4.36 $4.00
Mexico $14.81 $14.00
Brazil $9.00 $4.00
Rest of LATAM $13.60 $9.00

$80.18 $49.50

Unadjusted for inflation and exchange rates. Will be around similar tho.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Your math is blowing my mind.

Just tell what Fallen Kingdom did in 2018.

I must admit I am confused as well. What JW FK OW in 2018 ER is the only relevant number. 

That said this movie will do fine. China is not 100% but is better than what all other hollywood flicks got this year. I am sure walkups will take it to at least 100m there. That should be enough to take it to 1B WW barring a domestic collapse(like JL) which seems unlikely. 

Jurassic World trilogy has a great chance to become the third trilogy with each film grossing over $1B after Star Wars sequel and Avengers. Truly a testament about how big the brand power, nostalgia and dinosaurs in terms of pulling hype and audiences. One of the most elite and valuable Hollywood franchise. Even with okay and so-so reviews, both the predecessors clear billion mark with ease so I wouldn’t worry about this one unless it gets BvS, Morbius reception or killing all the dinosaur on screen :gold:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

That's a unique perspective. I've heard nothing but good things from the hard cores.

Another unique perspective: I'm a hard core who won't give Dominion a single cent and will ignore it on VOD. What they did to the franchise is a crime, FK makes JP3 look like a masterpiece.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

How do you post pictures on the forum without a url? And if you can't how can you convert a pic u have to a url?

You just need to paste a valid url here then the thread will convert it into a pic. But I know this feature may not be working for everyone as some users mentioned before. I am not sure why. 

To be fair to this movie, while Top Gun does seem like it is indeed sucking all the air out of the room right now, let’s not forget that Fallen Kingdom opened 1 week after Incredibles 2 opened to 180M+ on its way to over 600 domestic.

• Like 1