WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

‘Black Panther’ Reigns Supreme With $101M+: The Best Second Weekend Haul Ever Prior To Summer

3rd Update, Saturday AM: We knew earlier in the week that Black Panther would crack the century mark at the B.O. in its second weekend, and that’s exactly what it’s doing with a current industry 3-day estimate of $101.5M (-50%) after a $28.4M Friday. Don’t underestimate this Disney/Marvel release, it will only get bigger. The broken records continually change, and at this time Black Panther ranks as the fourth best second weekend ever behind The Avengers’ $103M

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-natalie-portman-annihilation-game-night-weekend-box-office-1202300998/

• Like 3

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Comps:

Avengers - $29.2m

Jurassic World - $29.1m

Pretty good territory. Also deadpool jumped 102% 2nd friday, this puts BP at $28.8m. So reasonable to think that BP is following Deadpool very closely in terms of drops. That means BP would end up with $616m, very good result.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, Quigley said:

So is Disney just underestimating again with that 28.9M figure and 29.7M is right? Or was the latter an overestimation by Asgard?

I've learnt to always trust Asgard, his numbers are scarily accurate

13 hours ago, DAJK said:

Fuckin weird. Didn't really like it. I understand the whole "it's up to your own interpretation" 

But there's a difference between giving someone an abstract picture and asking them to interpret it, and showing almost no effort, giving someone a blank canvas and asking them to interpret it

Thats too bad. Reviews haven’t exactly been glowing. Was thinking of seeing it with a buddy next week, but maybe I’ll just pass.

• Like 1

-62% drop from last Friday. (-43.1% drop excluding Thursdays previews)

I really think this number explodes today.

Also, same percentage increase as Deadpool in its second friday from Thursday.

$46 million Saturday here it comes.