Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lol I didn't expect this Red Sparrow show to be so old :kitschjob:

It's actually showing at the old people theater not too far away that's showing random limited releases and Oscar contenders. :hahaha:

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's actually showing at the old people theater not too far away that's showing random limited releases and Oscar contenders. :hahaha:

The under 25 share is 19%. I should not be the only person under 60 in a nearly sold out show on saturday :ohmyzod:

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

I wish Death Wish did better cause I want MGM to release more films. 

That’s what they get for telling Joe Carnahan to take a hike with his casting pick (Frank Grillo) because they wanted a “star” in Willis.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I don't know why people are talking about BP barely passing Avengers, BP is currently over by 34mil slightly better holds.

BP won’t get any summer benefit later in its run the way Avengers did. It should remain ahead for the whole run, but it’s still possible for the lead to narrow a bit rather than widening. That said, I think a lot of people are expecting it to beat Avengers by at least 34 in the end.

Edited by Sliver Legion
  • Like 1

um there is like nothing interesting coming out in March, BP will leg it to over TA easily imo. 

Only thing maybe of interest is Ready Player One really...

Edited by Lordmandeep

29 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

This March is going to die. Red Sparrow and Death Wish are the first two duds of 2018

Ironically enough though, this Spring should set the record now considering BOM counts all March and April releases towards the Spring season. IW should take the cume above 2017's record $1.87b haul. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/seasonal/

It's also going to lead to a very deflated summer cume now that the season just lost its biggest grosser. Could very well go under 2017's decade low now. All assuming BOM doesn't change the rules on us and decide to include IW as summer after all. 

Edited by MovieMan89

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ironically enough though, this Spring should set the record now considering BOM counts all March and April releases towards the Spring season. IW should take the cume above 2017's record $1.87b haul. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/seasonal/

It's also going to lead to a very deflated summer cume now that the season just lost its biggest grosser. Could very well go under 2017's decade low now. All assuming BOM doesn't change the rules on us and decide to include IW as summer after all. 

Jurassic World 2 and The Incredibles 2 both have a chance to outgross Infinity War. Not likely, but also not impossible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Jurassic World 2 and The Incredibles 2 both have a chance to outgross Infinity War. Not likely, but also not impossible.

I'd give I2 no chance at all to beat it and JW2 maybe like a 5% chance. Would basiclly require everything to go as wrong as it possibly could for IW's reception and everything to go as right as it possibly could for JW2's.

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'd give I2 no chance at all to beat it and JW2 maybe like a 5% chance. Would basiclly require everything to go as wrong as it possibly could for IW's reception and everything to go as right as it possibly could for JW2's.

Not really. I mean if JWFK has an Ultron drop it -ends at $480M. IW assuming a $210M OW (again remember this is a part one movie and will likely be heavily frontloaded regardless of reception.). Give it a 2.3 multiplier it ends at $483M. Sure IW outgrosses it but it can be close. 

Also with Peter Rabbit and maybe Wrinkle looking to be the only family films sniffing $100M, Incredibles will ride on a wave of hype, likely good reviews and no competition I can see it surprising like way more than it normally would.

The spot for second place this year will be interesting for sure.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Impossible for I2 to make 500 if even Dory couldn't. Doesn't matter how little competition there is or how good it may be, it's not going to get that absurd of an admissions increase from the first. 

I mean yes it’s bizarre and absurd but hey we are living in a box office era where Jumanji 2 doubled it’s predecessor adjusted, and quadrupled the original, where TGS with mixed critical reception is having insane legs, where a Black Panther Movie is about the be the biggest CBM domestically. Nothing is impossible anymore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean yes it’s bizarre and absurd but hey we are living in a box office era where Jumanji 2 doubled it’s predecessor adjusted, and quadrupled the original, where TGS with mixed critical reception is having insane legs, where a Black Panther Movie is about the be the biggest CBM domestically. Nothing is impossible anymore.

I mean Jumanji 2 is a completely different case then I2 though as far as sequels go. Sure they're both first sequels with big release gaps, but Jumanji 2 was its own new thing entirely far more than it was any kind of sequel. That meant it could basically throw the rule book out the window as far as admissions increase laws go. I2 is very much a sequel to the first, regardless of the release gap.