Eric is Anxious

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

3 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Yeah I was saying that since I was only 8 when it was released maybe it just didn't register to me. I probably heard it on the radio. The chorus sounds faintly familiar. 

Yes, you were very young so I imagine you wouldn't even remember hearing it if you did.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

With outstanding WOM, definitely. I'm predicting it'll last at my theater until April 13 when it experiences a really bad drop:

Ready Player One x2

A Quiet Place

A Quiet Place/God's Not Dead 3

Blockers

Chappaquiddick

The Miracle Season

Acrimony

Sherlock Gnomes

Pacific Rim

Love, Simon

Black Panther

You and I have been seeing at our theaters that ICOI is very frontloaded, so once Easter passes, theaters will probably drop it. Maybe it keeps half a screen with Simon. Additionally, GND3 is selling very poorly at my theater, so that can be put on half a screen to get more showings for AQP.

Well kinda frontloaded - my theater today (the one who booked it late) has sold out 7pm and sold most seats at all its "not just added" shows except the late one...I'm gonna keep tabs on the midday one and see if it fills or not:)...

• Like 1

Oh crap, ICOI got TWO MORE matinee showings at my local Cinemark today and tomorrow (another 12pm and 3pm), and yes, it did sell the extra 60 seater it got for 2:30pm (so that's 3 extra shows added since last night for each day)...now to figure out what movies got their matinees pulled and edit this post - btw, this would be all WOM, b/c this theater hasn't had group sales b/c it booked this movie last minute...

EDIT: It was the foreign film entry that lost both - guess that one wasn't selling as well as this movie was...so, it's 2 more 60 seaters (not the biggest theaters, but better than it had:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Congrats to The Rock for having a 400+mil domestic smash and a 940+mil wordwide smash. Careers are not over after one under performer or even a series of under performers. That's just not how things work. Baywatch looked like unfunny garbage and thus it under performed. 

11 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I liked Gnomeo & Juliet. Somehow.

But any kids who went to it are high schoolers by now.  Is that really a franchise?

The film was announced back in 2012, so I assume it's just something that was already in the can, was supposed to come out in 2014 or something, but Disney didn't want to release it, so it stayed in distribution hell until Paramount got desperate to have something for their animation pipeline.

But Paramount has played it smart by not marketing this as a sequel at all, so...kudos?

12 minutes ago, ban1o said:

it's weird I grew up going to church and I have never heard of the song "I can only Imagine" but I read somewhere that it is the most played and best selling contemporary christian song of all time. There really is a huge divide the black church and the white church lmao. 

True,  I've heard "I Can Only Imagine" culturally but not really in church; gospel is a whole other genre, really. But I bet you could do the same sort of thing and turn one of the huge hits from that world into a movie, too,  and it would make more than a lot of people would suspect. Lol, Why We Sing and Never Would Have Made It, coming to theaters in 2019! 

• Like 1