Eric is Quiet

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

1 minute ago, The Mad Panda said:

What happens if Sherlock Gnomes opens in Home or Boss Baby fashion?  Dethroning Black Panther and becoming the top grossing movie of March?

I mean Peter Rabbit is trying its best at a 5x multi, Gnomes only looks ever so slightly worse than PR and has had arguably an even more omnipresent marketing campaign so why not? 

Edited by MovieMan89

20 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

120mil is the number they had for A Wrinkle in Time. I'm not denying they could be true, heck,

Reading my old posts, a bit below 140m gross, a bit below 120m net was my estimate before release.

Movie spent 85m below the lines in the state of California alone, with some New Zealand shooting + big book right to buy, big above the line names to pay, anything around 135-145m gross 110-125m net would not surprise me.

Disney production tend to be opaque a little bit, because who today make over 100m budget non sequels movies taking 100% of the risk like them:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1620680/companycredits?ref_=tt_ql_dt_4

Production Companies

They are pretty much the only ones not seeking production partner on movies (at least of that size) and making almost purely in house production like this, usually a lot of competitor that did pass on the project pitched to them know at least what the production budget planned for it was or a lot of the co-financier/co-production company know everything about it, not Disney projects.

But yeah those, some believe it could be more type of comments seem to be about some projects more than others, I remember The Mummy coverage to be particularly violent in blame games using the trades and budget rumors.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

What happens if Sherlock Gnomes opens in Home or Boss Baby fashion?  Dethroning Black Panther and becoming the top grossing movie of March?

It has a good chance to. In three weeks nobody will care.  Black Panther is still making a killing. It has a good shot at 700m it won't matter if it 1 or 2 next weekend

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Another thing that irks me about PR are the fights. I saw some mecha anime the other day where the giant robots were moving like the shit was Kung fu. Jumping, flying, swords, poses, all that good shit.

But I thought you said Pacific Rim 2 looked bad :thinking:

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Boss Baby was fine. I do not get the hatred for that film. 

Anyone that hates Boss Baby clearly hasn’t seen it. It really isn’t worth hating.

• Like 4

Pacific Rim only has two showtimes on opening day here. On the bigger screen it's so far sold 35 tickets out of 498.

For a movie of that scale that's embarrassing. I don't think Universal even cares anymore.

Edited by cookie

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

I don't think Universal even cares anymore.

Will see if they report for next weak, but they were still pushing it nicely:

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/sherlock-gnomes-a-wrinkle-in-time-top-studios-tv-ad-spending-1202726696/

Probably an over 40m domestic release going on with that one and with 3,700+ theaters.

It is still a mid budget known name robots fighting movies, must be some money to make in this.