CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla: King of the Monsters OS thread

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS
$31.4M Overseas Friday Estimate (75 Markets / Includes $18M China and $2.2M Japan)
$48.2M Overseas Total through Friday
-- Excludes $30M China Flash Estimates for Saturday#Godzilla #KingOfTheMonsters #BoxOffice

at first I thought WOW! That's good. 

Then I realised it includes China's Friday :(

So 11.2m from OS-C-J, and 16.8m up to Thursday. That feels like a big drop. Maybe it picks up on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Stewart said:

at first I thought WOW! That's good. 

Then I realised it includes China's Friday :(

So 11.2m from OS-C-J, and 16.8m up to Thursday. That feels like a big drop. Maybe it picks up on Saturday.

But i don't know how they get that 31.4m if the OS total is 48.2m through Friday.

48.2-18-2.2=28m, through thursday it got 12.7m, the real Friday OS-CH-Jp should be 15.3m+18m+2.2= 35,5m 

70m china

9 japan

45-50 domestic 

would need roughly 65-70m from other territories to get to 200m global start. It’s got roughly 25-30 in the bag now.... needs 35-40 from these territories next two days. Not impossible but will be tough.

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

But i don't know how they get that 31.4m if the OS total is 48.2m through Friday.

48.2-18-2.2=28m, through thursday it got 12.7m, the real Friday OS-CH-Jp should be 15.3m+18m+2.2= 35,5m 

Normally they adjust as they go. 

So 31.4m is Friday estimate and 48.2m is what's currently estimated through Friday. 

It essentially means up to Thursday was adjusted up to 16.8m. I think Charlie (?) mentioned before that the daily estimates don't line up because they'll keep adjusting as more accurate estimates come in. 

2 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Normally they adjust as they go. 

So 31.4m is Friday estimate and 48.2m is what's currently estimated through Friday. 

It essentially means up to Thursday was adjusted up to 16.8m. I think Charlie (?) mentioned before that the daily estimates don't line up because they'll keep adjusting as more accurate estimates come in. 

i doubt it can drop from Thursday, there are handful of new opening in many countries on friday. And with Saturday a holiday, how can it drop from thursday? That will be horrible.    

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

i doubt it can drop from Thursday, there are handful of new opening in many countries on friday. And with Saturday a holiday, how can it drop from thursday? That will be horrible.    

Remember that Thursday includes Wednesday too though. 

Wait, was the 12.7m Thursday only or Thurs+Weds?

10 minutes ago, Cookson said:

70m china

9 japan

45-50 domestic 

would need roughly 65-70m from other territories to get to 200m global start. It’s got roughly 25-30 in the bag now.... needs 35-40 from these territories next two days. Not impossible but will be tough.

Actually needs 47 mil. Os-China-Japan : 12.7+11.2 = 23.9. 200 - 70-9-50 -23.9 = 47.1 mil. I don't see it happening.

4 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Remember that Thursday includes Wednesday too though. 

Wait, was the 12.7m Thursday only or Thurs+Weds?

Thurs + Wed, not many country opened the movie on Wed, maybe only France. The impact will be minimal

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Actually needs 47 mil. Os-China-Japan : 12.7+11.2 = 23.9. 200 - 70-9-50 -23.9 = 47.1 mil. I don't see it happening.

Thursday totals were adjusted up if I’m seeing things rights.

• Thanks 1

Maybe OS-Ch legs will surprise. With close to 200 global start, 400+ is likely as China as the biggest market could make it to 2x. Japan will leg it well past that while dom should cross 2x. Want it to make it to 450 ww and hope that 170-185 prod budget is true vs 200+.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

Maybe OS-Ch legs will surprise. With close to 200 global start, 400+ is likely as China as the biggest market could make it to 2x. Japan will leg it well past that while dom should cross 2x. Want it to make it to 450 ww and hope that 170-185 prod budget is true vs 200+.

Asian Markets Will Be the Key .. China & Japan Will Help A Lot .. What About Latin Countries ..??

No movie who make double of his budget lose money. 

There is TV revenue domestic and overseas 

DVD and VOD sales.

Merchandise 

Sponsorship values 

And much more.

And this one going to make 2.5 -3x over the budget 

125 Dom

150 Ch

175 OS-Ch

= 450 WW

125*0.55 + 150*0.25 + 175*0.40 = 176.25

Would be a good result imo under the circumstances.

ALITA had 155 odd returns (owing to high 3D share probably lesser) on 405 ww with a similar budget.

Gitesh suggesting a $175 WW OW.

Also, I doubt it gets to 125M DOM. 100-110 seems alot more likely. 

Someone just posted pulse numbers through 1 pm and suggested a 15-17M Sat DOM. That would likely lead to a 46 +-1 weekend.