Taylor

Weekend Estimates (Deadline) The Lorax - 70M+

I think the movie looks very colorful and appealing to young kids. Apparently it is getting good reviews too which means it should have good legs to go along with a great opening. One of the problem with many animated movies last year was that they didn't "look" as good. Movies like Cars 2, KFP 2 and Rango just weren't as visually appealing as The Lorax or even Rio.

All bets are off for all movies not just those two.I am absolutly stunned I was expecting 50m at most.
Of course. I only mentioned those two cause they are the next two expected big films with a built in fan base ala Lorax as a Seuss character. Edited by Captain Craig

Rio was also really colorful. I guess the adaptation of a Dr. Seuss book and the voices of Taylor Swift and Zac Efron are a big draw.

Rio missing 150M was always a mystery to me. When I saw it, the audience applauded twice. (towards the end and when the credits started rolling) I wonder what happened.

I think the movie looks very colorful and appealing to young kids. Apparently it is getting good reviews too which means it should have good legs to go along with a great opening. One of the problem with many animated movies last year was that they didn't "look" as good. Movies like Cars 2, KFP 2 and Rango just weren't as visually appealing as The Lorax or even Rio.

I know exactly what you're saying but Rango was absolutely gorgeous. I wish it made more.

I know exactly what you're saying but Rango was absolutely gorgeous. I wish it made more.

Rango should've been the biggest animated film of 2011. Definitely a very creative film and unlike anything else. I wish more animated films like that would be made.

I wonder if this could cross 300m. There is no competition for a long time and it is getting good word of mouth.

Without summer weekdays it will be tough. Probably will drop big tomorrow.

My reaction to that number:- WTF?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????'gfbgbdvgfbvdgcnfymj,dzxvmvnhbKIDS WENT NUTS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1(the truth is that The Lorax looks more appealing than every animation movie released last year!)

To me, only Rio and Puss in Boots looked more appealing from last year animation movies (and Tintin, but this is not really animation). But we are not kids.

Edited by CJohn

Simply amazing for Lorax. I had high expectations for it but it even beat my lofty prediction of $60-65m. What's craziest is all it needs is a 4.2.x multiplier (not a hard multiplier for an animated movie wih good WOM to hit) and it would hit 300m! :blink: I couldn't be happier to FINALLY see an animated movie kick ass again at the box office. Was getting a little scared for the genre after 2011. Hopefully this is foreshadowing a great year for animation.