Taylor

Weekend Estimates (Deadline) The Lorax - 70M+

It is not hard, I agree. Bit it won't have Summer/Holiday/Easter weekdays to help it doing that.

No but it will have spring break, so it could have decent weekdays throught March. That's partly why we have a big animated or family hit almost every March.

This was simply the perfect weekend to release Lorax. Friday was Dr Suess' birthday so the whole week leading up, thousands of schools were having Dr Suess celebrations. Tremendous publicity on a daily basis from school. I'm sure that had kids begging to see it.

This was simply the perfect weekend to release Lorax. Friday was Dr Suess' birthday so the whole week leading up, thousands of schools were having Dr Suess celebrations. Tremendous publicity on a daily basis from school. I'm sure that had kids begging to see it.

And as I've mentioned all along the marketing for it was brilliant in its intensity and in appealing to kids of all ages and both genders.Whoever was in charge of marketing it needs a big raise. Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

And as I've mentioned all along the marketing for it was brilliant in its intensity and in appealing to kids of all ages and both genders.Whoever was in charge of marketing it needs a big raise.

And they're about to have plenty of money to give that raise!

I think the movie looks very colorful and appealing to young kids. Apparently it is getting good reviews too which means it should have good legs to go along with a great opening. One of the problem with many animated movies last year was that they didn't "look" as good. Movies like Cars 2, KFP 2 and Rango just weren't as visually appealing as The Lorax or even Rio.

Cars 2 was visually appealing, kids especially the young boys loved that one. And let's not forget that despite missing 200 mil, it was still the highest animated film last year with 190+ mil. The bad reviews just hurt its legs. KFP 2's domestic performance is still puzzling me to this day. I loved Rango but I think it looks to creepy for young kids.The Lorax really had great marketing plus a perfect playdate with no direct competition. Last year there were Gnomeo & Juliet, Rango, Mars Needs Moms, Hop & Rio released closely to each other Edited by forg

I went to the farmers market today, which is located right near a major theater, and when I saw the parking lot packed, with all of the families bustling in and out of the theater, I just knew this movie was going to be a lot more bigger than I initially thought. I'm suspecting the Sunday's estimates to be bigger than they are anticipated.

Maybe they will do Green Eggs and Ham next.It seems like they next logical one to do after Horton Hears a Who, The Grinch, The Lorax, and Cat in a Hat.

I'd rather they redo Cat in a Hat as a CGI animated movie and make it GOOD this time. :lol:
  • Like 1