The Wild Eric

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

I actually admit seeing the 1st God's Not Dead once, out of boredom + morbid curiosity. It was the funniest comedy of that year, and at the same time, the most insulting one. "Atheists are evil and they don't know the way of knowledge and purity" propaganda turned up to fucking 11. Westboro Baptist Church: The Movie would've been a better title.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Porthos said:

AWiT has a 38% drop according to that.

Any chance, like at all, it limps over the 100m line if Disney keeps in in theaters for a long while?

There should be a chance if that weekend number happens. It will catch up to Tomorrowland through the same point with a 1.6m bigger weekend. Same holds as TL from there gets it to $98m, so just would need to hold a tad better. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I actually admit seeing the 1st God's Not Dead once, out of boredom + morbid curiosity. It was the funniest comedy of that year, and at the same time, the most insulting one. "Atheists are evil and they don't know the way of knowledge and purity" propaganda turned up to fucking 11. Westboro Baptist Church: The Movie would've been a better title.

You should watch that Kevin Smith horror movie about the Westboro Baptist Church

Edited by November Treejax
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, November Treejax said:

You should watch that Kevin Smith horror movie about the Westboro Baptist Church

Sounds enthralling already. But nah, thanks. I can always kill my desire for Westboro stuff by simply rewatching the church massacre from Kingsman.

• Like 1

Forecasting some stuff:

Ready Player One:

Mar 30: 39M (13.3M weekdays/12M OD, 64.3M Total)

Apr 6: 19.3M (6.6M weekdays, 89.2M Total)

Apr 13: 10.5M (3.5M weekdays, 103.2M Total)

Apr 20: 6.9M (2.5M weekdays, 112.6M Total)

Apr 27: 3.5M (1.3M weekdays, 117.4M Total)

May 4: 2.5M (900k weekdays, 120.8M Total)

May 11: 1.7M (500k weekdays, 123M Total)

May 18: 800k (200k weekdays, 124M Total)

Final Total: 127M (3.26x from 3 day/2.49x from 4 day)

I'm lowering the drop today to 5% and improving legs a bit. 

Acrimony:

Mar 30: 17.1M (5.7M weekdays, 22.8M Total)

Apr 6: 8.5M (2.4M weekdays, 33.7M Total)

Apr 13: 4M (1.2M weekdays, 38.9M Total)

Apr 20: 2M (600k weekdays, 41.5M Total)
Apr 27: 800k (200k weekdays, 42.5M Total)

Final Total: 44M (2.57x)

I mean, it's a Tyler Perry movie. We know what to expect by now :lol: 

God's Not Dead:

Mar 30: 2.7M (1.5M weekdays, 4.2M Total)
Apr 6: 1.4M (400k weekdays, 6M Total)

Apr 13: 400k (100k weekdays, 6.5M Total)

Final Total: 6.9M (2.56x)

Good riddance.

Black Panther:

Mar 30: 11.6M (5.7M weekdays, 656.7M Total)

Apr 6: 8.7M (2.9M weekdays, 668.3M Total)

Apr 13: 5.2M (1.7M weekdays, 675.2M Total)

Apr 20: 3.8M (1.3M weekdays, 680.3M Total)

Apr 27: 1.7M (500k weekdays, 682.5M Total)

May 4: 1M (300k weekdays, 683.8M Total)

Final Total: 687M (3.4x)

700M totally depends on how well it holds against Rampage, and even then, it'll likely need a fudge.

I Can Only Imagine:

Mar 30: 10M (6.5M weekdays, 61.3M Total)

Apr 6: 9.2M (3.9M weekdays, 74.4M Total)
Apr 13: 5.4M (2.2M weekdays, 82M Total)

Apr 20: 3.7M (1.3M weekdays, 87M Total)

Apr 27: 1.6M (600k weekdays, 89.2M Total)

May 4: 800k (300k weekdays, 90.3M Total)

Final Total: 93M (5.44x)

Likewise, 100M will depend on how much it falls when Rampage opens. This and BP are going to be neck and neck for the rest of their runs; don't be surprised if BP manages to fall out of the top 5 next week.

I could see BP managing to cross 700m during Avenger's OW - and I could see it not happening till Solo / Memorial Day. Either way, if it can manage to hold screens and not collapse after this weekend 700m will be the target for good.

I don't see ICOI hitting 100m - getting to 90M would be akin to Heaven is for Real from 2014, solid holds but not quite enough to get over the mark. If it manages that on the other hand....

Acrimony will be good to touch 40m - TP's Easter films have always been more frontloaded.

• Like 1

Holding the same as TA after this weekend gets BP to $697m with an $11.5m weekend. Now granted it will start having some real competition and it lacks the summer weekdays TA had by that point, but it still has held way stronger than TA so far so it should be able to get to 700. Hoping for a 707m finish personally, just cause it's kind of a cool number and it gets the 3.5x multi on the dot.

Will be interesting to see what it does IW weekend. Have a feeling that could help it not hurt it since I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a lot of people's first backup choice for IW sell out spillover. Or Disney could do IW/BP double features that weekend. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

I'm mulling over the possibility of Pacific Rim getting a sub-2x:

Mar 30: 9M (3.6M weekdays, 49.1M Total)

Apr 6: 3.5M (1M weekdays, 53.6M Total)

Apr 13: 1M (300k weekdays, 54.9M Total)

Final Total: 56M (1.99x)

Given it's dropping almost 70% on a holiday weekend, dropping 60% again next weekend with big competition isn't a longshot.

• Like 2

Considering the Tsunami that is BP, I think those numbers are just fine for "RPO".  Technically it would be the best OW during BP domination with this OW.  Could this have gotten the small "Nostalgia" Bump?  We will see as far as the Legs.  TR is falling apart domestically as competition are cutting of it's legs.  Same is happening for PR: Uprising which isn't rising at all with that drop.  ICOI is clearly breaking out with that low budget and those great holds.   As for Tyler, look.  He has his formula and his style.  His audience averages close to 20 Million OW each time out so I'm not surprised by those numbers.  Ironically this did better than Tarai's "Proud Mary" OW which got lost in the shuffle at the beginning of the year so good for her.   There really is nothing left to say about BP without sounding repetitive.  These holds are just ridiculous for this to be it's 7th Weekend which is why it's firmly planting itself as the movie to beat Domestically.  

• ...wtf 1

Really enjoyed Ready Player One last night. It’s not up with Spielberg’s best, but it’s a solid notch just below Jurassic Park, Jaws, etc. The Iron Giant stuff really struck a nostalgic feeling with me last night. Iron Giant is not only one of my favorite animated movies of all time, but one of my favorites movies period. Could rewatch that film anytime. It was from childhood. Definitely recommend. 👍 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

So who’s all thinking A Quiet Place and Blockers could breakout next weekend?

I think most would be shocked if they didn't at this point.  So could be interesting to see what they do :) 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm mulling over the possibility of Pacific Rim getting a sub-2x:

Mar 30: 9M (3.6M weekdays, 49.1M Total)

Apr 6: 3.5M (1M weekdays, 53.6M Total)

Apr 13: 1M (300k weekdays, 54.9M Total)

Final Total: 56M (1.99x)

Given it's dropping almost 70% on a holiday weekend, dropping 60% again next weekend with big competition isn't a longshot.

Good. It’s what it deserves for [RETRACTED].