Eric Duncan

Rocketman l May 31, 2019 l Paramount l Elton John biopic l Taron Egerton stars and looking sexy as h*ck

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, Jonwo said:

The runtime is apparently 155 minutes which seems kinda long. 

My theater now has showtimes up for this that weekend that are about to go on sale with a running time of 121 minutes so that was clearly a typo.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

My theater now has showtimes up for this that weekend that are about to go on sale with a running time of 121 minutes so that was clearly a typo.

Well motherfucker. I lowered my summer game prediction from 134 to 113 based on that runtime :apocalypse: and excluded it from my multipliers list. Now I gotta hope this is crowd-pleasing but not THAT crowd-pleasing lol.

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Well motherfucker. I lowered my summer game prediction from 134 to 113 based on that runtime :apocalypse: and excluded it from my multipliers list. Now I gotta hope this is crowd-pleasing but not THAT crowd-pleasing lol.

*insert Endgame reference joke/reference here*

Should be a very busy weekend between this, Godzilla, and Ma. I could see all three of them pulling at least $25M openings (much more obviously in Godzilla's case).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Should be a very busy weekend between this, Godzilla, and Ma. I could see all three of them pulling at least $25M openings (much more obviously in Godzilla's case).

The wildest scenario would be all three of those, Aladdin and Endgame all pulling 30m plus. 25m apiece is actually possible. 

Edit: disregard, I thought that was Endgame's fifth weekend instead of sixth. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

The wildest scenario would be all three of those, Aladdin and Endgame all pulling 30m plus. 25m apiece is actually possible. 

The three weeks between Memorial Day to the first weekend of June (Dark Phoenix, The Secret Life of Pets 2) is certainly gonna provide a much needed jolt to the box office that had been very much lacking during most of the first third of this year.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The three weeks between Memorial Day to the first weekend of June (Dark Phoenix, The Secret Life of Pets 2) is certainly gonna provide a much needed jolt to the box office that had been very much lacking during most of the first third of this year.

If Pikachu does close to 100 and Wick pulls 50 you could extend that to over a month. 

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

If Pikachu does close to 100 and Wick pulls 50 you could extend that to over a month. 

The only weekend that looks to be surefire "slow frame" between now and the first weekend of August is the second weekend of July (21 Bridges, Crawl, Stuber) as everybody gets ready for The Lion King but that's gonna depend on how much demand Spider-Man will have burned off with its midweek bow.

Edited by filmlover

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The only weekend that looks to be surefire "slow frame" between now and the first weekend of August is the second weekend of July (21 Bridges, Crawl, Stuber) as everybody gets ready for The Lion King but that's gonna depend on how much demand Spider-Man will have burned off with its midweek bow.

SM will lead with maybe over 50m, probably less. I can see Toy Story still being #2 in its fourth weekend if none of the new releases grab attention. (Han's seen Stuber, says it's terrible)

Egerton sounds even better here than he did in Sing. Gonna be too bad for him that he's gonna have to settle for a Golden Globe nomination at most despite fully embodying Elton after Rami Malek won an Oscar for lip-synching Queen's discography.