Eric Duncan

Rocketman l May 31, 2019 l Paramount l Elton John biopic l Taron Egerton stars and looking sexy as h*ck

I mean, you don't have to necessarily cut the scene if you want to go PG-13. You can imply just as much, just make sure you edit around any... "sensitive" body parts. I think the scene should stay in there, but it would definitely be in the studio's best interest to make this PG-13. Seems like an easy fix to me.

15 hours ago, The Futurist said:

This is brand fillmmaking, make no mistake  about it.

Pretty clear the studio is hoping for another "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Trick it to make "Rocketman" as good as "BOhemian Rhapsody" was, instead of making just another "wannabe movie".

14 hours ago, DAJK said:

I mean, you don't have to necessarily cut the scene if you want to go PG-13. You can imply just as much, just make sure you edit around any... "sensitive" body parts. I think the scene should stay in there, but it would definitely be in the studio's best interest to make this PG-13. Seems like an easy fix to me.

Disappointing though since Elton gave them carte blanche to show him warts and all and go hard R.

That and who's this film marketed to? Kid, families, prudes?  No.  So why a needed PG-13.

• Like 2

It's hard for me to get excited about this considering how bland BR was. Probably won't see it unless it gets an R Rating tbh, but I understand it makes a lot more sense commercially for a film like this to get a PG-13. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/elton-john-biopic-rocketman-expected-get-r-rating-sex-drug-scenes-1196622?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR Breaking News_now_2019-03-22 16:53:08_ehayden&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

Paramount test screened Rocketman last week in Pasadena, according to a source, and received scores in the high 80s for the $40 million film, a promising sign for an unfinished musical that grapples with some challenging themes, including John's drug addiction.

According to one source close to the production, filmmakers and Paramount are in discussions about the love scene, which has the F-word several times and includes brief rear nudity, and someone snorting cocaine.

From the beginning, Rocketman's producers, including Matthew Vaughn, envisioned it as a different and grittier film, with Egerton singing John's songs live, and with the singer's sexuality explored in depth.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

It's hard for me to get excited about this considering how bland BR was. Probably won't see it unless it gets an R Rating tbh, but I understand it makes a lot more sense commercially for a film like this to get a PG-13. 

That China only had to cut 3 minutes of BR to strip it of all references to homosexuality and AIDS says it all.

• Like 4