Eric Duncan

Rocketman l May 31, 2019 l Paramount l Elton John biopic l Taron Egerton stars and looking sexy as h*ck

This looks pretty clichéd to be honest but that could just be cause they legit copied the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer. Not that I blame them, they probably saw $855m and cried themselves to sleep hoping for even half of that,

I will say, from everything I've heard, this is way more MUSICAL than biopic. They may want to clue audiences in on that before it gets like a C cinemascore lol.

6 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Yawn! Another straight-washed biopic about a gay entertainer. This pales in comparison to Bohemian Rhapsody and that movie was utter garbage. Egerton better not be banking on this film to propel him to a superstardom.

I see no evidence yet of straight-washing, and I doubt Elton would allow it, being the producer.

That said, this movie isn't being directed by a paedophile, so that's an advantage.

Edited by 35MM-18
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

Yawn! Another straight-washed biopic about a gay entertainer. This pales in comparison to Bohemian Rhapsody and that movie was utter garbage. Egerton better not be banking on this film to propel him to a superstardom.

This movie is quite gay according to Taron. Whether the studio cuts it up to make a PG13 rating is still up in the air though..

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

John Reid isn't portrayed well by Rocketman much like he was in Bohemian Rhapsody. 

It does seem the focus is in Bernie and Elton which was a strong partnership.

Much different relationship, Reid and Elton lived together for 5 years and Reid was his manager for nearly 2 decades.

It didn't end well so we'll see how it plays out in the movie, but hey Elton let him be played by Richard Madden which is a huge upgrade in the looks dept so how bad could it be? :lol:

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Much different relationship, Reid and Elton lived together for 5 years and Reid was his manager for nearly 2 decades.

It didn't end well so we'll see how it plays out in the movie, but hey Elton let him be played by Richard Madden which is a huge upgrade in the looks dept so how bad could it be? :lol:

I mean Elton himself is played by Taron so everyone gets a beauty upgrade.  lol