sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Jesus Christ do the internet trolls literally mass downvote any movie simple starring a woman or a black person at this point? it happens every week now, for real.

No they don't. Han posted 13%, it's now at 29%. Only like 100 reviews.

Also if you actually read the user comments, they aren't really about race. 

Here are all 5 of the negative rating user comments on RT:

"falls short of being thrilling in every possible way"

"one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. It is so bad I felt morally compelled to sign up and post my first ever review on RT."

"worse than awful. Boring, overacted, predictable. Worst movie of the year"

"I'd rather watch a Pixar colonoscopy then this POS" (not sure what this means tbh)

"unsatisfying home invasion movie"

There are also a couple comments about race by people who have clicked Not Interested so they haven't rated it. One is complaining from a white perspective about white people being villains, the other is complaining from a black perspective about the black guy liking a "light skin chick"

Don't feel so up your own arse that any time black people make a film and it's received poorly, it's because of their race. Maybe its just not a very good film.

• Like 3

My personal opinion is that you cannot listen to critics and audience polls if a film is being shaped by people who are pushing agendas. 

It it literally impossible to get the 'true picture' as people want to create a certain narrative out there. 

I just wait for word of mouth now. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

to be fair to them Black Panther's an example where they used social politics to market the film, it really did become intertwined with politics so it was kind of inevitable that a backlash would come.

How?

You also dont see people down voting en masse movies they like, because its childish, and a waste of time. There was no concerted effort to downvote death wish, ICOI, Roseanne, Gods not dead, etc.

Edited by YLF

50 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Hardcore SJWs and alt right trolls are like two sides of the same shit stained coin. 

Lot of the alt right type business model and monetization seem to be the business of reacting to hardcore SJWs, they create content on almost a daily basis without making much work to create it...

It is almost a big react youtube channel at this point.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Ya think? She's an outspoken Unfunny liberal female comedian. No-brainer there.

Correction for the actual reason most people apart from the alt-right do not like her. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

http://www.deluxecdn.com/dcinema//projectionistletter/projectionistletter_avengers__infinity_war_part_1_usa_20180427_124029.pdf

Credits start at 2:17. This is of course ignoring the 15 post-credit scenes this will likely have.

Attachments for 2D shows are Incredibles 2 and Swolo, while 3D shows are Ant-Man 2 and Swolo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YLF said:

How?

You also dont see people down voting en masse movies they like, because its childish, and a waste of time. There was no concerted effort to downvote death wish, ICOI, Roseanne, Gods not dead, etc.

That is true, but to be fair critics took care of this in most case and those movies were not push in the mass media for people to know about them.

If a movie they like would get a big mediatic and critical push, maybe it would get that downvote phenomenom:

But maybe not:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2179136/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

American Sniper got 3.3% 1/10 downvote crowd, 12k of them.

Nothing similar to a 26% wrinkle in time or 17% ghostbuster but not too far from 4.8% Blocker / 4.1% Love Simon / 4.4% Black Panther. About the same as Moonlight 3.7%

Being a woman aspect seem to be a really important factor to get that Internet voting crowd going.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Hardcore SJWs and alt right trolls are like two sides of the same shit stained coin. 

Meh, I am pretty sure that most people prefer to deal with witless think pieces than to deal with people who run into crowds with cars, perform mass shootings and put together bombs when something is not going their way, but that is just hunch. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Correction for the actual reason most people apart from the alt-right do not like her. 

I haven't seen much of her stand up but more and more it seems that Apatow may have had a bigger hand in Trainwreck's success than we thought. I thought she was great in that movie (and she wrote it too!), but everything since has been pretty bad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Meh, I am pretty sure that most people prefer to deal with witless think pieces than to deal with people who run into crowds with cars, perform mass shootings and put together bombs when something is not going their way, but that is just hunch. 

Once a person does all of those things they're no longer just a troll, they're a terrorist. My point stands. 

7 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I haven't seen much of her stand up but more and more it seems that Apatow may have had a bigger hand in Trainwreck's success than we thought. I thought she was great in that movie (and she wrote it too!), but everything since has been pretty bad. 

My opinion is a good comedy and a good movie will overcome the haters always. 

TFA, BP and RO got a ton of hate from the alt-right and they still got an overwhelmingly positive reaction. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

http://www.deluxecdn.com/dcinema//projectionistletter/projectionistletter_avengers__infinity_war_part_1_usa_20180427_124029.pdf

Credits start at 2:17. This is of course ignoring the 15 post-credit scenes this will likely have.

Attachments for 2D shows are Incredibles 2 and Swolo, while 3D shows are Ant-Man 2 and Swolo

Kind of weird we're not getting a new Ant-Man trailer. 

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Jesus Christ do the internet trolls literally mass downvote any movie simple starring a woman or a black person at this point? it happens every week now, for real.

Also what in the blue fuck is Super Troopers?

Wait a minute can we all start talking about how Cmasterclay has never heard of Super Troopers? I mean I've never seen it but being into movies and all I have heard of it.

• Like 6