CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

5 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

Means nothing if you can't say why. No reason why this movie won't have mass appeal. You get action from beginning to end, emotion, crazy end, and many more water cooler moments. 

How about because it's dependent on more than a dozen other movies for its continuity?

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I think she might be talking about the true Friday? Just edging out TFA's true Friday would be about in-line with all the other projections we've had today.

With $95-105M, IW's true Fri already "close to matching or even pass TFA". 

I don't know which number she thought "climbing"

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

How about because it's dependent on more than a dozen other movies for its continuity?

I wouldn't say it's dependent. Plenty of people that have seen very few or even none of the previous films have said they could still follow it more so than something like Civil War. 

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

No, not really. It's Thanos' movie and you find out enough about him to understand him and his mission. Only thing you needed to know were the infinity stones and they were explained. The rest is just superhero on bad guy action. Only movie that might've helped watching first is Ragnarok but it can definitely be a standalone (tied in to part 2).

1 minute ago, Rthanos said:

Was incline to leave it here 102 (100-105), but I might up it a little to top range  105

Would mean a record $66M true Friday! That would also just edge out STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI for the 2nd biggest opening day.

• Like 8

Watched Rampage tonight to a surprised full house. That movie is pretty damn fun. Didn't find Rock distracting so that was good... All the monsters were badass, but George obviously stole the show. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cookson said:

Watched Rampage tonight to a surprised full house. That movie is pretty damn fun. Didn't find Rock distracting so that was good... All the monsters were badass, but George obviously stole the show. 

Government Negan stole it for me. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

Means nothing if you can't say why. No reason why this movie won't have mass appeal. You get action from beginning to end, emotion, crazy end, and many more water cooler moments. 

This will be the biggest superhero event ever, but it won't draw in the non-superhero audience the way BP did.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

105 od makes 230+ very likely with eyes on 235.

72 (+9%)

54 (-25%)

= 231

Would be sweet to have Infinity War of all movies breaking that 70M barrier on Sat. The Avengers came so close.