CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Whether you wanted IW to get the OW record or not, as box office nerds, this is what we live for.  We all want to see great box office feats and we have witnessed two mind blowing and record breaking weekends in 18 months.  It's a great time to be a fan of following the box office.  It's exciting to see the numbers come in, the whispers of underestimations from our two insiders and then to refresh deadline and twitter and facebook just to see if we can get any kind of hint as to what's happening.  This is like Christmas for me, filled with hope and joy and excitement! 

You're welcome.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Um what? Logan received an Academy Award nomination for its screenplay. I don't think any other superhero movie has received a screenplay nomination. Not even The Dark Knight managed a screenplay nom.

To be honest I have seen a ton of spaghetti westerns with better scripts than Logan, because that’s what Logan basically is. Still cool to see a spaghetti western/superhero film, all things considered, but still overrated , I find it a similar case with the last mad max film.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

That's too bad you're WRONG!

Logan is good (first and second act, third is bad)

Infinity War is ALL incredible!

Well, he's not wrong, nor are you.  Opinions differ from person to person.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Black Panther is gonna need a mad push from Disney to get to the 700M. It will need all the drive in assistance it can get from Avengers now and from Solo in late May.

It's only $12 million away after an estimated $4.4 million weekend (probably higher with actuals). I think it can get there without a push as long as its theater count doesn't collapse. 

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

You're awfully concerned about the adjusted number.  Why bother?  IW has the record for the OW and it has it quite easily.  Embrace it and enjoy it.

Thank you. All this talk about adjusted this and adjusted that is getting on my nerves:gold:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

You're welcome.  

It was good to see you do updates again this weekend, and I'm not saying this to start another fight or insult you, but you haven't been very active with any kind of weekend updates in quite a while.  So thanks for being active this weekend.  

• Like 2

Just now, John Marston said:

There many good X men films but it feels like they never really reached their full potential. They could have stolen the MCU’s thunder and down a big epic type superhero film before they did but they were too scared to do so 

And yet, X men was probably a lot more famous as a property than the Avengers. And yet look at where we are now. Its the avengers Infinity war which is destroying box office records now. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

There many good X men films but it feels like they never really reached their full potential. They could have stolen the MCU’s thunder and down a big epic type superhero film before they did but they were too scared to do so 

Not many studios spend as much as Disney tho.

Infinity War is a super coslty production , one of the biggest ever.

Edited by The Futurist

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

You're awfully concerned about the adjusted number.  Why bother?  IW has the record for the OW and it has it quite easily.  Embrace it and enjoy it.

I am enjoying it, but passing it adjusted would be nice. Passing figures without needing help from inflation is extra impressive to me.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

*ehem* That's CAPTAIN Marvel. She didn't go to Captain school to be called Ms, thank you very much!

off-topic: I preferred her old sleeveless look before her promotion. It was a unique look, at least more unique than her CM get-up. 

Anyway I'm going back to yelling at kids to get out of my yard. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eldenfirefly said:

And while the domestic box office is close, the overseas record is being utterly smashed and demolished. Its not even close. Infinity war is literally obliterating the overseas records. :D

Marvel has turned into a beast overseas. Infinity could make $1.3 billion overseas. For a long time, superhero movies would make the majority of their money in the domestic market. Even the early days of MCU this trend continued. IM1 was 54% domestic. IM2 was 50-50 between domestic and overseas. 

2 minutes ago, Eldenfirefly said:

And yet, X men was probably a lot more famous as a property than the Avengers. And yet look at where we are now. Its the avengers Infinity war which is destroying box office records now. :D

the first X-Men movie started the whole SH thing thats been dominate for 2 decades now

thank that movie for the MCU

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Not many studios spend as much as Disney tho.

Infinity War is a super coslty production , one of the biggest ever.

Really makes me wonder how possible this can be replicated again, even by Marvel. But let's enjoy the infinity war box office now, and let's also look forward to avengers 4. That is going to be truly interesting to track! I mean, look at the kind of numbers infinity war is already doing now.  If we map harry potter's finale to avengers 4... I struggle to imagine the kind of epic box office numbers Avengers 4 is going to do.  :D

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

They didn’t and , for me, the only good X-Men films are x2 and first class. The X-men franchise has huge potential and people will see that when it escapes singer’s and fox’s claws. The X-Men must have a menacing and scary magneto, a great leader similar to captain America in cyclops , a juggernaut causing chaos like hulk e.t.c