CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

18 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Still somehow not quite as bad as the debunked story about a theater running the uncensored Nymphomaniac trailer ahead of Frozen (it was later revealed to be the opening scene of Dallas Buyers Club). :lol:

27 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Back in 2016: http://deadline.com/2016/04/captain-america-civil-war-box-office-opening-international-results-1201746587/

So IW's first day beat the first two days for Civil War's opening. I think topping JW's $317M for the second highest overseas opening weekend is in the cards.

amazing comparison. THANKS :)

5 hours ago, McNerdy said:

What does it matter if someone passionately dislikes (or passionately likes) the movie? In the end it always comes down to opinion. And because of that I always judge a movie myself, regardless of the opinions of others or critics *shrugs*

It doesn't matter til some dick starts trying to force his opinion on the rest of us.  

25 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Boxofficemojo got it at $230M:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4392&p=.htm

• Avengers: Infinity War - $230.0 M
  • A Quiet Place - $10.2 M
  • Rampage - $9.0 M
  • I Feel Pretty - $8.9 M
  • Super Troopers 2 - $5.9 M
  • Truth or Dare - $3.7 M
  • Ready Player One - $3.4 M
  • Blockers - $3.4 M
  • Black Panther - $2.9 M
  • Isle Of Dogs - $1.7 M

They predicted $231m for TFA that opening Thursday, so this is almost identical. 

Edited by MovieMan89

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I don't like Batman Begins or SM2 but I had to accept that it was for personal reasons and I was at odds with the consensus.

And there's nothing wrong with that in itself unless I'm using my unique opinion to predict legs and WOM.

Why do you not like Spider-Man 2. I haven' watched it in years but 19 year old me spooged over it in theathers.

26 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Boxofficemojo got it at $230M:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4392&p=.htm

• Avengers: Infinity War - $230.0 M
  • A Quiet Place - $10.2 M
  • Rampage - $9.0 M
  • I Feel Pretty - $8.9 M
  • Super Troopers 2 - $5.9 M
  • Truth or Dare - $3.7 M
  • Ready Player One - $3.4 M
  • Blockers - $3.4 M
  • Black Panther - $2.9 M
  • Isle Of Dogs - $1.7 M

I really hope IW can reach $ 230M !

14 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Holy shit there's literally nothing I want to hear less on the entire planet than a bunch of white dudes on the internet talk shit about rap music when they still pretend like Tool or Pink Floyd or whatever is what people listen to. Yikes. It's 2018, rap music is beautiful, get with the program.

Oh no you did not just take a swing a Tool!

12 years and counting MJK...

:whosad:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Oh no you did not just take a swing a Tool!

12 years and counting MJK...

:whosad:

Lol...while I agree with Cmasterclay’s general point (seriously rap music is brilliant...that’s excluding the recent ridiculous trend of young rappers named lil so and so’s”) Tool is a brilliant band.

• Like 1

$39m international start according to Variety 

The Marvel adventure saw the strongest debut in Australia, where it earned $6.7 million. In Korea, “Infinity War” had the top opening day of all time with $6.5 million. It made $3.9 million in France, and another $3.9 million in Italy. Other top territories include Philippines ($2.7 million), Thailand ($1.8 million), Indonesia ($1.8 million), and “Taiwan ($1.8 million). The rollout continues this weekend in other key markets including Germany, U.K., and Brazil.

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/avengers-infinity-war-international-opening-1202788537/

Edited by Krissykins