CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

5 hours ago, Trease is the Word said:

Nope.

I looked at Rotten Tomatoes audience reviews and picked 5 at random. Seems like they're all negative.

Seems to me the consensus is this film is very disappointing.

Lol, you really cherrypicked those, there is a good review in the top 3. Accidentally added the spoiler tag there is nothing in it.

This is Thanos' story. They have addressed the concerns about previous Marvel movies by making Thanos shine as the stand out performing with his back story, development, and motive. Fitting such an ensemble of heroes into one movie was a gargantuan task but the Russos pulled it off. The tone was great, and the interactions between characters was fantastic and the heart beat of the good guy story.

Spoiler

WOW! A film that actually lives up to the hype and surpasses it!!

Not trying to invalidate your opinion, but acting like there is no sign of good reviews is foolish. I haven't seen it yet so not trying to argue my opinion on the quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

I bought an account even though daily I get super annoyed with everyone's dumb opinions here, I'm such a sentimental sap for loving this. Anyway too bad Jake Gittes left or else it would be time for another commie overthrow, Tele's modship being restored is last straw.

I will not tolerate this weakness of character comrade Clay. And do not doubt that I'll always come back

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Lol, you really cherrypicked those, there is a good review in the top 3. Accidentally added the spoiler tag there is nothing in it.

Not trying to invalidate your opinion, but acting like there is no sign of good reviews is foolish. I haven't seen it yet so not trying to argue my opinion on the quality.

In the int'l threads, there's actual ratings from some sites and they're all stellar so. Obviously America could be different but since we haven't seen it yet, you can't exactly say.

29 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Why do you not like Spider-Man 2. I haven' watched it in years but 19 year old me spooged over it in theathers.

I don't really like the actors or the tone.

Also, I'm a huge fan of mechanical webshooters and synthetic webbing.

Nitpicks, maybe but it is what it is.

But I splooged over the twin tower teaser. I was obsessed with it and it's possibly one of the reasons I disliked the movie. My expectations were off the meter. (Though SMH was able to scratch my itch somehow)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

In the int'l threads, there's actual ratings from some sites and they're all stellar so. Obviously America could be different but since we haven't seen it yet, you can't exactly say.

Well, we'll see how I feel just under 5 hours from now. Obviously, people should respect his opinion, even if we may disagree, my problem was the fact he picked out the bad ones and said that the reviews were "all negative" when there is a two 5 star reviews on the first page (there is a lot of "want to see it" votes)

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What are reasonable expectations for the OS total?

1.1 billion?

Is 1.2 billion on the table?

Seems to be significantly higher than Ultron in a lot of initial markets. And China is set to have a big increase maybe 100M more than Ultron by the sounds of it. 1.1 / 1.2 is definitely possible, but I'd still say dampen your expectations.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

#SMH debate

#NeverForget

Because an origin story will have the same legs as a superhero team up and also a hugely fan driven are the same leg wise.

7 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Took long enough

This is definitely for the best that he's been convicted. People who commit a crime really should serve the time, no matter what their status is.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

About 5 hours to go:

7:00: 117/124 (+2)

7:00 3D: 81/113 (+1)

7:15: 68/78 (+2)

7:30 3D: 50/78 (+1)

7:45: 66/78 (+2)

8:00 3D: 52/78 (+2)

8:15: 38/63 (New show replacing Traffik)

8:45 3D: 46/69 (+27)

9:15: 63/78

9:45: 57/78 (+16)

10:15 3D: 19/60 (+11)

10:30: 104/124 (+5)

10:30 3D: 46/113 (+5)

Total: 807/1,134 (+112 with +63 on capacity)

Current comps in relation to final sales:

75% of The Last Jedi (165M)

162% of Black Panther (327.2M)

239% of Thor: Ragnarok (293.3M)

251% of Justice League (235.4M)

690% of Pacific Rim: Uprising (193.9M)

949% of Rampage (339.7M)

972% of A Quiet Place (487.9M)

996% of Blade Runner 2049 (326.7M)

The only other show that can be cancelled now is the 7:40 Super Troopers because IW is taking over the other 11 screens in some capacity :jeb!: If they don't cancel that show, they can still get another one in at 10:10 or so. I honestly won't be surprised if they let some of the other screens play later into the night; the demand is there.

giphy.gif

@CJohn I'm feeling pretty good about 300M.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Looking at everything, and given the 20 full days of no competition (essentially), I’m hoping for a multiplier around BATB (2.89x).

Whyyyy would this ever get that kind of multiplier? Like, even a single possible reason

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1