CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

All this in good fun everyone, and I know you were expecting this reaction so I had to deliver.  =)

I mean.. it's all in good fun in my end but I dunno seems pretty real feud with the mods, you don't have a purple name now either.

If you're so good at box office how much is Avatar 2 going to make, I'll put you on record and remind you how bad your foresight is without relying on inside info.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A lot of kids like it, it’s basically their Spongebob.

I like the show. 

But the trailer was a new level of low brow.

And parents typically stay away from a kids tv cartoon adaptations: Power Puff Girls or My Little Pony.

3 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

When a Star Wars movie opens, arguments about Marvel ensue. DC fans speculate about a Snyder cut.

When a Marvel movie opens, arguments about Star Wars ensue. DC fans speculate about a Snyder cut.

Life truly is a vicious circle.

I thought we weren't supposed to bring those two letters up. Otherwise I would have expected a lot more to be said. Like fair criticism not outright bashing.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah after being burned on AOU and CW, it was reasonable to be leery. 

And it's still reasonable. We just don't have solid data points and it's all open to interpretation right now. Over 200 openers are still pretty uncharted territory.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

On another note, anyone else who thinks Infinity War has the best MCU soundtrack? Like, the stuff from the GOTG movies is very good and movies like Thor: Ragnarok or Iron Man also had solid music, but Silvestri really nailed this one.

It was pretty great, yes. Love the music when Cap shows up, and the music that plays over the credits, wow. 

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I agree with you and wasn't the plan originally to put Leia as the center of Ep IX. 

And well as she died *sad* I have no idea who they want to put in the center apart from Rey and Kylo.

No idea what is planned. I really think they have to bring Luke back in a big role and devote a lot more time to the Luke/Rey relationship. Add Yoda in too.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

On another note, anyone else who thinks Infinity War has the best MCU soundtrack? Like, the stuff from the GOTG movies is very good and movies like Thor: Ragnarok or Iron Man also had solid music, but Silvestri really nailed this one.

He did incredible with this one. 

His score for TA1 wasn’t his best but he absolutely nailed the Avengers theme. It’s an iconic theme now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Nah, simply reminding people that on the biggest Saturday of all time on the biggest opening weekend of all time that someone who mods on a box office analysis site saw fit to call worthless and a joke and take away that precious purple color gifted them with a pinpoint accurate to the fucking digit prediction before anyone else.  

Same as saying weeks ago that $225m was the floor and by that time it virtually had the record locked up.  

Don't tell me I don't know box office!!

giphy.gif

You told us Wonder Woman was "borderline mess" and Justice League was "Fine".

You might know box office but you know jack shit about what constitutes a good movie.

Edited by AndyK

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Yeah. Great stuff. Noticed the music in the end credits too. It was just really somber music!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean.. it's all in good fun in my end but I dunno seems pretty real feud with the mods, you don't have a purple name now either.

If you're so good at box office how much is Avatar 2 going to make, I'll put you on record and remind you how bad your foresight is without relying on inside info.

How could he know that without even seeing a trailer or any public reaction? At least choose a film that has some type of marketing campaign already. That's just a wild guess which anyone could make based off the past.