CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, jjack339 said:

they are kinda right. I mean its only been 2.5 years, but it seems IW is matching it with the slight inflation being the only difference. You could say both IW and TFA reached critical mass. 

IW is going to beat TFA through the true weekend, adjusted. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

e77.jpg

This makes no sense.  Why pass up the opportunity to tout you won the record on the day that gets the most press?

cause,  studio is № 1 now, without any competitors. They don't need the loud taglines.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Didn't Universal project that Jurassic World was a few million short of The Avengers in the estimates only to surpass it when the actuals came in a few years back?

Yeah..maybe Disney is preparing a postcard like Marvel did :P

Well if it does hit the record with the actual numbers on Monday then they will get headlines tomorrow. And I honestly don't think Disney gives a crap about which film of theirs has the record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I have other movies I look forward too of course but this is the one that holds the box office record and is a film of James "box office king" Cameron. Will it change my life on a personal level? Maybe it might change me and show me my faults or something but I think it will change the whole world wait and see. Also it's not a wild guess at all there are already so many factors you can take into account.

1.gif

• Haha 6

Just now, IronJimbo said:

wait and see these ain't just movies they're a message to the human race

You're losing your mind.  It's just a movie, one that I hope doesn't destroy you when it severely underperforms from your unrealistic expectations.

• Like 1

Keep this in mind, if the Fri/Sat numbers equate to $188M+ and Sat is $82M then this film has a real chance to be over $255M tomorrow when actuals come in.

Even after you adjust for inflation, this film is selling more tickets than Avengers 1.

The Sunday drop was 18% because of spill over demand, which is going to be tighter for IW.  

So in all actuality, we could see a $67M+ Sun.  Seems nuts, but can’t be ruled out.

Edited by lobogotti
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Why would Disney call for a 245 million dollar opening weekend? That would have to be around a 25 or 27% drop on Sunday and with spillover business sure to be substantial I don't see how that happens. But then again it's Disney and they did this with the force awakens as well LOL

They are always so over careful, but on the other hand that means they normally don't need to say the Weekend was worse.

Yeah a drop that high especially after a 82M saturday doesn't really make sense.

I think they just want to avoid saying it opened over TFA if in the case of a apocalyptic miracle it in reality opens below, so below 60M on Sunday (which still would be incredible)

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

Well if it does hit the record with the actual numbers on Monday then they will get headlines tomorrow. And I honestly don't think Disney gives a crap about which film of theirs has the record.

You don't think Marvel cares?  Or Lucas Films?

Heh 

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

wait and see these ain't just movies they're a message to the human race

"Go back to nature, dont fall for the capitalistic corporations and the military" said the man whos a millionair and made a movie about blue space people who fight evil white men.

Avatar didnt change the world, Jimbo. It was a big, dumb movie just like its sequels will be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FTF said:

You're losing your mind.  It's just a movie, one that I hope doesn't destroy you when it severely underperforms from your unrealistic expectations.

eh.. I'm only half serious about changing the world stuff. It's not making less than $3b worldwide though and I'll live on just fine if it doesn't. Hypothetically if that happened I would have to delete my account forever and pay $50 to Tele but there's life outside of BOT you know.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

IW is going to beat TFA through the true weekend, adjusted. 

yes, but by how much 1-2 million?? Hardly enough to say that TFA did not reach max output for 2014. My simple point is not detract from either movie but offer the possibility that both movies are pretty much maxing out possibilities in their own given time. 

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If you guys are right they're low balling by $10 million dollars, are they taking the piss?

Didn't they do exactly that with TFA as well, their estimate was 237M and the actual was 248M.