CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You weren't there to see the audience's faces by the time the screen turned to black.

CW is neck and neck with GotG for being my favorite MCU movie, but I totally get why folks who hadn't seen 285739857 prior MCU movies weren't quite as on-board with Civil War as I was.

3 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Gotg2 also had next to no competition until WW, IW has two free weeks then it’s three straight weeks of big releases (two of which are direct comp)

I think best case legs for this are around GOTG2 (which I think is stretching it).  I’m expecting somewhere around Ultron or CW legs

That seems fair. I don't think IW will have "great legs". My prediction is a multiplier around 2.3, especially since Marvel sequels tend to be frontloaded, and a film with even more characters then Civil War is obviously not gonna have strong staying-power at the BO.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

One stance is based on fan belief and the other is based on math and history. Could be wrong but data is data

Hey, I'm all for data.  But if data was the whole story then there wouldn't be much to forums like this.  Anyway, everyone does their thing and it turns into what it is...which actually is pretty neat.  Just playing my part with the contrarian opinion that I feel isn't likely, but isn't impossible.  I'm over it...my pet peeve is just the "100%" claims that are not truly 100% odds

1 minute ago, expensiveho said:

Wasn't everyone claiming that the comic book films would never reach Avengers / TDK (adjusted) numbers ever again? 

We really have no idea so far about the legs of this movie, wait at least for Friday numbers to start making fun of the other members and act like you're undoubtedly right. 

Every year there's a new Marvel sequel released at about this time to good reviews and excited audiences and ppl on here predicting long legs. When the same thing happens over and over we do have some idea

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Um, I debated for weeks the legs for SMH would be fine.

Where were you at?:hahaha:

I was one of the defenders. But SMH is an origin story, this is a team up which are known to be frontloaded.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But you liked so why do you believe most didn't?

Because I was aware I was gonna get a cliffhanger by the end of it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Wasn't everyone claiming that the comic book films would never reach Avengers / TDK (adjusted) numbers ever again? 

We really have no idea so far about the legs of this movie, wait at least for Friday numbers to start making fun of the other members and act like you're undoubtedly right. 

There will always be an excuse . For BP it was zeitgeist something, something. You can bet that if IW explodes they will have some moronic excuses ready. I don’t make many bo predictions, I am not good at them but neither are most of these basement analysts that post here. 

Edited by Thrylos 7

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

It's not about liking the movie. Everybody will love the movie but it's the rewatches that people think this will not get. Civil War is a good comparison.

But how many rewatches did Thor 3, SMH and GotG2 really get?

I think they all benefited from positive WOM because phase 3 is so good.

Just now, grey ghost said:

It is very difficult to discuss this without spoilers. Neither of those movies are in any way similar to this movie.

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Are you really gonna compare any of those movies to this one, which is close to unrivaled in scope and pre-release hype?

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

TA?

GotG?

GotG2?

TA was a first in a kind thing besides both I wouldn’t put either of the Guardians movies as suitable comparisons to Avengers movies.