aabattery

Monday Numbers - A:IW 24.74M

10 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

People expecting TFA weekdays is foolish in all senses. To compete with Christmas holidays in a random week in April? 

25m is a better hold than Avengers 1, which did 3x

It doesn't matter about the holidays because Infinity War was never going to sniff TFA regardless of any factors. I'd love to see IW go over TFA but it was never going to happen.

• Like 1

All my life I've enjoyed the theater experience but nothing beats the anticipation of seeing a Marvel or Star Wars movie. Those are types of movies I go to multiple times in IMAX. 

As far as comedy goes... I would go see more comedy films if there were more good ones. 

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You really need to expand your filmgoing horizons a big, it big budget blockbusters are the only thing you really care about.

I care about  a lot of films, just watch them at home.

The issue is I care about seeing IW as soon as I can or TLJ... Knowing what happens in the Post, not so much... 

• Like 3

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

The issue is I care about seeing IW as soon as I can or TLJ... Knowing what happens in the Post, not so much... 

But the last scene in that movie basically connects the Washington Post cinematic universe!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, POTUS said:

BP had a double feature bump for the weekend. will probably be down 40% from last monday 280k

400 would be perfectly reasonable compared to last Tues, Wed,  Thurs, which had no double features. They were obviously affected by IW despite that, so all I’m really wondering about/hoping for is for that to continue after IW’s OW.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

But the last scene in that movie basically connects the Washington Post cinematic universe!

I think that is why some critics and movie buffs hate the MCU a lot because people it really has made audiences into crossovers and cinematic universes now rather then single standalone films. 

Like for Black Panther, a lot of that critic/movie buff liked as it was quite a standalone film but it really was not either as the character was introduced in a 1.1 billion dollar film in 2016 and tied into the MCU in ways just in a low key way.

Like Nolan is the only one making super successful truly standalone films these days lol. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

What could be going with Blockers monday ? Not a good sunday hold but not that bad either.

Last monday was -68% now -37%, with the rest of the movies in the regular -65%/-72% type of hold...

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Honestly all the old people at my screening of The Post reacted to the Watergate scene like Marvel fans did at Nick Fury at the end of Iron Man.

Nick Fury "Time To Assemble Reporters, we got to take down the Trump..."

(Avengers Theme) 

Just now, Barnack said:

What could be going with Blockers monday ? Not a good sunday hold but not that bad either.

Last monday was -68% now -37%, with the rest of the movies in the regular -65%/-72% type of hold...

Could be a situation where theaters dropped Blockers over the weekend to shove more showings in for IW and now that the weekends over they've re-added it, my theater did that for Blockers and ToD

• Like 3