Monday Numbers - A:IW 24.74M

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Sam jinxing us into a 30M Friday.

30m+ friday is a given imo.

even conservatively,

26 tue +5%

15 wed -42%

13.75 thu -8%

30 fri +118% (civil war jumped 140%, im3 159%)

22 minutes ago, YLF said:

Im shook. admittedly I just want this movie to do under BP dom. 

Why? I sense that many BP fans are a bit loathe to see AIW overtake BP domestically. 

BP's place in film history is well assured irrespective of what AIW does or doesn't do at the domestic BO. As a film aficionado, I want films to do well in general, I don't get this football-like tribalism displayed by so many...

• Like 5

Black Panther grossed over 1.3 billion worldwide. Like the ultimate finale to the most popular book series ever, Harry Potter... and more than a Star Wars episode.

I mean, jesus christ

It's nuts!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Why? I sense that many BP fans are a bit loathe to see AIW overtake BP domestically. 

BP's place in film history is well assured irrespective of what AIW does or doesn't do at the domestic BO. As a film aficionado, I want films to do well in general, I don't get this football-like tribalism displayed by so many...

Agreed and it is borderline disturbing and has been for quite awhile in this forum even before IW opened. This isn’t a fun feud like Star Wars versus marvel or anything , some people seem to have deeper issues with IW passing BP in the u.s instead of being happy about BP worldwide success it’s like they want to prove something . Generally, and check my post history I have been rooting for BP, there is something annoying (and I use a gentle word) about how some people have been posting about BP ever since the movie opened.

Of course there’s 1-2 posters on the opposite side , but these are buffoons and not crusading with hundreds of posts.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Agreed and it is borderline disturbing and has been for quite awhile in this forum even before IW opened. This isn’t a fun feud like Star Wars versus marvel or anything , some people seem to have deeper issues with IW passing BP in the u.s instead of being happy about BP worldwide success it’s like they want to prove something . Generally, and check my post history I have been rooting for BP, there is something annoying (and I use a gentle word) about how some people have been posting about BP ever since the movie opened.

Of course there’s 1-2 posters on the opposite specter , but these are buffoons and not crusading with hundreds of posts.

I think it's less a matter of not wanting IW to pass BP and more a matter of not wanting a Super hero movie to make this much money in general.

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Black Panther grossed over 1.3 billion worldwide. Like the ultimate finale to the most popular book series ever, Harry Potter... and more than a Star Wars episode.

I mean, jesus christ

It's nuts!

One in 4 movie tickets sold this year have been for either BP and IW.

:hahaha:

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 2

50 minutes ago, Sam said:

30M Tuesday.

I feel like if I state it enough time it’ll come true. 

So 30M Tuesday. 

As a big Marvel fan, I'm just happy both Black Panther and Infinity War are in talks for passing 700 million.

It makes me think of that one scene in IW where two characters are running side-by-side... you know which one. Two titans working together.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Id rather A4 take it. I don't loathe AIW. I would just like BP to be top 3 DOM for at least a year. Its not that deep. AIW will be this years biggest performer WW most likely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Black Panther will go down as a landmark film culturally for its impact.

Infinity Wars will go down as the comic book movie event of the times.

They both have different appeals and impact and should be both celebrated :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Of course there’s 1-2 posters on the opposite side , but these are buffoons and not crusading with hundreds of posts.

Im saying Id rather have BP beat it domestically and thats disturbing? There was a poster that didnt want BP to beat frozen in WW gross. I didnt consider that disturbing, she/he was just a fan of the film and wanted it to remain in the top 10 for as long as possible. I want BP to be top 3 dom for at least a year. Seriously, its not that deep. Im just a fan of the movie.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I haven't seen hardly anyone visibly worried about BP getting surpassed.

Meanwhile IronJimbo post every other page about movies released almost 10 or 20 years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I haven't seen hardly anyone visibly worried about BP getting surpassed.

Meanwhile IronJimbo post every other page about movies released almost 10 or 20 years ago.

look at thread first time in 5 hours and shade thrown at me...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

One in 4 movie tickets sold this year have been for either BP and IW.

:hahaha:

Those are rookie numbers. Luckily we are about to PUMP THEM UP.

Edited by Thanos Legion

BP winning means a lot more for Hollywood though so I completely understand. IW winning would just mean the same thing it did in 2012. Although BP has surely done more than enough to turn heads and make studios question their traditions. It would just be an extra cherry on top it win the domestic year. 

• Like 1

BP vs. AIW is very silly. They're both Disney/Marvel superhero films. To make it even more ridiculous, Black Panther is IN AIW; he's a part of the movie. 

On a more astounding note, adjusted for inflation, BP is the second highest grossing superhero film domestically behind TA. If AIW grosses near BP, Disney/Marvel will have the top 3 grossing superhero films adjusted for inflation. This year is just fascination for superhero films. I would say it is fascinating for Disney, but it feels like every year now is another great year for Disney at the BO.

• Like 1