Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

They're changing the head of the studio and these spin off are popping left and right...you gotta love Sony's producers :rofl:

I hope who gets the job blocks this madness

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

What if the MCU directors want to use any of these characters? Will there be two of them?

The other day I was talking to a friend who is a casual MCU fan....he legit thought Holland was spider-man just for the Marvel movies and that Garfield was coming back for the July release. Imagine the confusion if it happens

Edited by XO21
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NoobSaibot said:

Apparently the movie is being listed as an "Action/Horror/Science Fiction" film on My Entertainment World.

Assuming that it does have horror elements, I would hope that they are tame and not unusual.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/26/venom-movie-horror-spider-man-marvel/

That's a weird thing to hope for.

If they are making it, I hope they go balls to the walls with it. They shouldn't make a Venom movie, but if they are they may as well make something special. A Venom horror movie could be really interesting.

11 minutes ago, aabattery said:

That's a weird thing to hope for.

If they are making it, I hope they go balls to the walls with it. They shouldn't make a Venom movie, but if they are they may as well make something special. A Venom horror movie could be really interesting.

What I meant was no gore. I suppose certain elements of the Alien franchise would be cool, but Venom isn't supposed to be horror material. He's a Spider-Man villain after all.

It'll feel weird.

1 minute ago, NoobSaibot said:

What I meant was no gore. I suppose certain elements of the Alien franchise would be cool, but Venom isn't supposed to be horror material. He's a Spider-Man villain after all.

It'll feel weird.

Agree to disagree I guess. Could do some really creative stuff with an R-rated Venom, plus a lot of his solo-stories (and other symbiotes like Carnage etc) haven't really avoided this kind of stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Agree to disagree I guess. Could do some really creative stuff with an R-rated Venom, plus a lot of his solo-stories (and other symbiotes like Carnage etc) haven't really avoided this kind of stuff.

The only reason why I'm concerned is because of the people in charge of bringing it to reality (Arad and Tolmach).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoobSaibot said:

The only reason why I'm concerned is because of the people in charge of bringing it to reality (Arad and Tolmach).

Yeah, it's fair to be concerned. I don't have a great deal of faith in this myself.

Still, if they're gonna do it, I want then to make something different. A superhero horror film would definitely be a welcome change for the genre and it's something that wouldn't really work in the MCU at this stage. 

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

Venom's been one of those characters I've never really gotten the appeal of.

To each their own. I've personally never gotten the appeal of superman. Basically indestructible except for a rock. Just not my cup of tea 

21 minutes ago, DAR said:

Venom's been one of those characters I've never really gotten the appeal of.

For me, it had less to do with Venom and more to do with its host, Eddie Brock. The man was originally out for revenge on Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Then he wanted to become a hero, all while dealing with the troubles that the symbiote (the alien that IS Venom) gave him. This cycle of being the villain, to being a "hero," to becoming an anti-hero is what made him interesting to me.

But he no longer has the Venom symbiote, and Eddie took a backseat to Mac Gargan (previously known as The Scorpion) and then the symbiote found its way to Flash Thompson. Neither of those characters had the depth of Eddie Brock.

Edited by NoobSaibot