Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

R-rating has nothing to do with whether a movie is good or bad. All this tells us is that it won't be tamed down.

58 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don't want this if it isn't in the MCU, the symbiote needs/wants to be with Spidey and hooked up with Eddie Brock in order to get revenge.

At this point, I'm okay with the non-origin Spidey got in Civil War. We know who Spidey is.

If this movie simply tells us that he's got a hate-on for Spidey due to some past interaction, that's fine. No need to show it.

Though it might not be a horrible idea to use this opportunity to put a little twist on the Venom story. Make Venom a mostly good-guy in this movie (maybe only as good as Frank Castle), and then let Spidey piss him off in some future movie.

That would get you to the same desired endpoint, but it might make Venom more of a deep character when he finally gets there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kitik said:

R-rating has nothing to do with whether a movie is good or bad. All this tells us is that it won't be tamed down.

At this point, I'm okay with the non-origin Spidey got in Civil War. We know who Spidey is.

If this movie simply tells us that he's got a hate-on for Spidey due to some past interaction, that's fine. No need to show it.

Though it might not be a horrible idea to use this opportunity to put a little twist on the Venom story. Make Venom a mostly good-guy in this movie (maybe only as good as Frank Castle), and then let Spidey piss him off in some future movie.

That would get you to the same desired endpoint, but it might make Venom more of a deep character when he finally gets there.

It's not in a universe with Spider-Man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

So Sony is making a spider man universe without spider man? 

I will cut the light and soon, everyone in this city will know how it feels to live in my world...A world without power...a world without mercy...a world without Spider-Man. 

28 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yes. It makes no sense and also makes you wonder what happens if the filmmakers of the MCU Spider-Man want to use any of the same characters

I didnt think they could use anyone except Spidey in a MCU movie?

I love Venom, possibly my favorite SH villain, I'll be there opening weekend, but I have no idea what they're trying to do here. Is there not going to be a actual hero in this? Just R rated villains doing what they please?

10 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

The saddest thing is that I'll still go see this in theaters, opening weekend too.

I hate myself.

That makes it two of us... Unless it's a f4ntastic kind of deal that is. Then I'm fine waiting for Netflix.