Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

7 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

IW isn’t crumbling lol.  It’s dropping like a sequel that had a lot of pent up demand for OW.

Folks forget it broke TFA's freaking ow record by nearly 10m. The magnitude of numbers it's putting up is incredible. 109-112 would be a 49-50% drop from true OW of 219. GOTG2, which fell 55% from full OW, fell a similar 49.5% from true OW (129.5 => 65.3)

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

For some perspective, the lower end of that range is still in the top 25 Saturdays of all time. It's a big number!

Since we're memeing tho

DearCrispCivet-size_restricted.gif

PEOPLE JUST WANNA WATCH RECORDS FALL. PEOPLE BE BUMMED

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Sloppy work.  If you smooth the gif out, make the quality less poor and whatnot, then I will give you a like

This is art. He doesn't need your likes.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

I would be disappointed if the weekend does fall short of $110M but overall there's nothing wrong with a 2nd Weekend drop that is under 60% from a film that opened to $250M+ that is a third film but also a followup to 6 previous films (Civil War, Doctor Strange,  GOTG Vol 2, Homecoming, Ragnarok and Black Panther).

Will always limit legs.

• Like 1

From a conversation I had with another poster via PM:

Probably have a good inkling of what the (IW second) weekend numbers should be like by Wed (if we discount Mon/Tue slightly for spillover).

Yep.  Still a fantastic second weekend, IMO.  But the signs of there being spillover were there given how both Sat and Sun were at near-capacity.  Folks just couldn't see the movie on Sat/Sun, even if they wanted to.  So they saw it during the week when they might have seen it the previous weekend, if they could have/waited to see it next weekend but didn't want to wait around.

A huge, great number for Marvel and Disney no matter how it is sliced, though, even if there might be disappointment from some.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

This place cracks me up. Infinity War is going to sail past 600 mil, and people are melting down on here. Debbie downers

After like 6 months of countless arguments, I'm not sure you understand the gravity of my situation if IW fails to hit at least 2.5x. 

Image result for run away gif

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Haha 2

AIW dom is looking at ~45% bump from AOU.

Looking at some other three-quels

- LOTR3 showed a 12% bump from LOTR2.

- Revenge of the Sith jumped 25% from Clones. Both had a similar bad guy hook. 

- IM3 showed a 31% bump from IM2

- THOR3 showed a 52% bump from THOR2.

- CA3 showed a 57% bump from CA2. Huge difference in casting though.

- TS3 showed a nice 69% bump from TS2. 11 year gap between the movies.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

THIS POST WAS LAUGHED AT AND NOW I BET YOU GUYS WISH THIS WERE MAKING $110M FOR THE WEEKEND ahahahahahahahahah

Do you get off on this type of stuff ? 

• Haha 1