Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I thought Ultron record for highest grossing disappointment would never go down until today :)

Ultron record as the highest grossing disappointment had already gone down tenor.gif

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Thanks, I’m perfectly aware that IW isn’t actually crumbling. It’s just a fun meme.     

My point was simply that a big OW is 0 evidence against crumbling, when you seemed to be listing it as though it was.

I don't remember saying anything about it crumbling.  In fact I said the opposite.

10 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I'll still maintain that TLJ had a decidedly average performance for a Star Wars saga sequel to the biggest movie of the decade. 1.1B would be a "disappointment," 1.5B would be a big success. 

TLJ was such an event, two films from the MCU ended up being a much bigger deal in 6 months

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I'll still maintain that TLJ had a decidedly average performance for a Star Wars saga sequel to the biggest movie of the decade. 1.1B would be a "disappointment," 1.5B would be a big success. 

The raw numbers were great but the word of mouth was decidedly mixed. Box office numbers don't exist in a vacuum, the reception and legs matter just as much as the total. TLJ was NEVER going to do as well as TFA but I still maintain that it would have done better if more people had liked it. It's controversial here and there are decent arguments against but I do classify it's numbers as slightly disappointing for those reasons. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Titanic WW is still in play depending on how high China goes. 

Based on everything I’ve read about where China could land seems like 450-500m should be expected.

• Disbelief 1