kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Don't forget that 1.780B wouldn't be before weekend, as the Thursday gross is partially included in the weekend gross due to some OS coutries having 4-day figures.

still 2.1 - 2.2 likely hope closer to 2.2 , 

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Don't forget that 1.780B wouldn't be before weekend, as the Thursday gross is partially included in the weekend gross due to some OS coutries having 4-day figures.

Oh

But do yoy think it has a shot at 2.2B this weekend? 

14 minutes ago, Nakamura said:

Oh

But do yoy think it has a shot at 2.2B this weekend? 

It certainly has a shot (especially considering the healthy 38M+ projection in China for Friday), but my guess is that it will stop at 2.18/2.19B.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Omni said:

It certainly has a shot (especially considering the healthy 38M+ projection in China for Friday), but my guess is that it will stop at 2.18/2.19B.

I think it's hard to miss 2.2B right?

Look at it this way: After thursday $1.78B.

DOM over $150m, I mean most are thinking around high 50's to high 60's.

China is looking at a 73m for FSS. (Using 248m Yuan today and 35% drop / 50% drop on SS)

So DOM and China will get it up to 2.003B (with the LOW Dom number)

OS-China today is looking like 45m, let's give us some room and take $41m to be safe. (Wednesday number was 88m).

I think it's extremely safe to say it FSS won't drop under Thursday. Because we have Japan, with golden week and Russia with OW we might not see big jumps for these markets. Japan won't jump because of the golden week and Russia will jump but smaller. 

That said most markets will se big jumps on friday and then again on Sat and go down on sun.

I would say 58m seems fair for friday, $81.2m (40% jump) for sat and then down 20% sun: $65m.

This would give us $204m and 2.207B at the end of sunday.

That said I am pretty sure DOM will go higher, china might go higher as well and OS-China I think.

So I expect something like $2.224B +- $20m, but yeah it could go below but I think the chance is not so big. 

Spoiler

For people who don't want to be dissapointed Omni's numbers are verry realistic with good room to increase and you have much less chance to be dissapointed after Sunday. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, pepsa said:

[...]

OS-China today is looking like 45m, let's give us some room and take $41m to be safe. (Wednesday number was 88m).

I think it's extremely safe to say it FSS won't drop under Thursday. Because we have Japan, with golden week and Russia with OW we might not see big jumps for these markets. Japan won't jump because of the golden week and Russia will jump but smaller. 

That said most markets will se big jumps on friday and then again on Sat and go down on sun.

[...]

Reveal hidden contents

The only thing I would add is that I think Russia will have a big jump on Saturday since it opened on Monday. The initial rush and frontloadedness will have died down by Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, GOXOG said:

still not that clear about crossing 3B,have to remind people there will be a crowded summer

that's a fair point though I can imagine that Disney would want to keep it in theaters as long as possible to get to the milestone. 

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

and people still question passing Avatar and 3B. OK. :lol:

3B harder than it appears. WW drops will be massive soon but I've said for awhile now Avatar is dead. 2.2+ by end of Weekend confirms it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

that's a fair point though I can imagine that Disney would want to keep it in theaters as long as possible to get to the milestone. 

If it's close yeah. 75 million away is hard. If it's like 25 away I think they do what's necessary to get the push. Seems fair considering Titantic was in theaters total for what 2 years? :D

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Marvel should bring back the labor day expansion lol

IW missed out because they had I2 to get decisively over 600M.     

I think there’s a good chance that Endgame does get a Labor Day reexpansion, including IMAX, should be worth another 5M or so DOM.

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

IW missed out because they had I2 to get decisively over 600M.     

I think there’s a good chance that Endgame does get a Labor Day reexpansion, including IMAX, should be worth another 5M or so DOM.

Can they do doubles with FFH or not cause they're different studios...