kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I guess Disney played their expansion card this weekend. This makes labour day expand almost impossible. I won't be surprised with 60% drop next weekend domestically, so that is that.

while you have a point i doubt that , they will leav endgame 8-10 mill short

Truth be told, I am not happy with these expansion numbers. You got this high hype for expansion and do what?

Barely double of Jurassic World in 12th weekend. Not done. Should have cleared 8-9mn. Bad day for me. FFH miss 100mn China, India lose match and EG :gold:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=jurassicpark4.htm

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Truth be told, I am not happy with these expansion numbers. You got this high hype for expansion and do what?

Barely double of Jurassic World in 12th weekend. Not done. Should have cleared 8-9mn. Bad day for me. FFH miss 100mn China, India lose match and EG :gold:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=jurassicpark4.htm

..... 97 weekend is very very good, at the same time you expected yourself 5,5 million the previous weekend remember ? it played exactly like your previous expectations, and in your graph you have endgame short of 5 mill, if true i doubt that disney will let it 5 mill short

1 minute ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

What is more unlikely, Endgame wringing another 25-30 out or Marvel accepting defeat 10-15 short of the record?

It needs $24.6m, and that’s without the actuals.  People keep freaking out once the estimate numbers get here on Sundays only to get confident again once the actuals come. I’m used to this at this point. People need to understand that it’s going to be so incredibly close that truly all what Avengers: Endgame needed was this push.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

It needs $24.6m, and that’s without the actuals.  People keep freaking out once the estimate numbers get here on Sundays only to get confident again once the actuals come. I’m used to this at this point. People need to understand that it’s going to be so incredibly close that truly all what Avengers: Endgame needed was this push.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong but is there a source on the 24.6 without actuals? Would like to get a look but Mojo is all messed up.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

it needs 27-28 but yeah

30 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I guess Disney played their expansion card this weekend. This makes labour day expand almost impossible. I won't be surprised with 60% drop next weekend domestically, so that is that.

i dont think that there is a rule that forbids a second push on labor day 

18 minutes ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

Not that I'm saying you're wrong but is there a source on the 24.6 without actuals? Would like to get a look but Mojo is all messed up.

It has estimated $2,761,318,161.

@john2000 is correct, I got the numbers wrong: it currently needs $26,646,926, and it’s likely that actuals will come even shorter than that. I think it’s completely feasible for the domestic market to add more $14-16m and another $10m from the overseas market. People don’t seem to realize that it’s way too close to miss it and it has too many things going for it to take the record. People are crazy if they think that Disney would let this fall less than $10m short, and I don’t see a scenario where Endgame doesn’t get to $2.780B at least. It’s getting there, and unlike @titanic2187 I’m banking this July.

Edited by ZattMurdock

35 minutes ago, Hemo memo said:

"I'd argue that Disney would rather be able to sell Avatar 2 in December of 2021 as the sequel to the biggest movie of all time, so in that sense it's not really in their benefit to best the James Cameron 3-D original. "

He copied me:

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It has estimated $2,761,318,161. @john2000 is correct, I got the numbers wrong: it currently needs $26,646,926, and it’s likely that actuals will come even shorter than that. I think it’s completely feasible for the domestic market to add more $14-16m and another $10m from the overseas market. People don’t seem to realize that it’s way too close to miss it and it has too many things going for it to take the record. People are crazy if they think that Disney would let this fall less than $10m short, and I don’t see a scenario where Endgame doesn’t get to $2.780B at least. It’s getting there, and unlike @titanic2187 I’m banking this July.

I feel like 9 dom, 6 OS is more realistic but we shall see. This movie is anything but predictable.

I think it's safe to say if they really and I mean REALLY want to make this happen, Disney need to do better, a lot better. None of this "here's a short Hulk scene that was cut, a short Spider-Man clip and a Stan Lee tribute video", they need a lot more to entice people to go back and watch it. Maybe finish that scene with Tony's daughter and put that in, maybe throw in a teaser for Black Widow and Eternals, I don't know, SOMETHING! Most people were NOT happy with the extras here, Disney and Marvel need to do better if they really want that WW record.

Next month we'll know what's next for the MCU's Phase 4 and by the end of August, when Marvel and Disney will probably have their last shot at this, they need to have something solid in there, for Endgame.

With what it has right now it's looking like $850 million in North America and maybe another $7 million internationally for around $2.778 billion worldwide, so just $10 million shy of the record. Like most said, it would be silly to stop there, but they need a plan, an actual plan for the last push in August or whenever it happens, otherwise this won't work.

7 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

I think it's safe to say if they really and I mean REALLY want to make this happen, Disney need to do better, a lot better. None of this "here's a short Hulk scene that was cut, a short Spider-Man clip and a Stan Lee tribute video", they need a lot more to entice people to go back and watch it. Maybe finish that scene with Tony's daughter and put that in, maybe throw in a teaser for Black Widow and Eternals, I don't know, SOMETHING! Most people were NOT happy with the extras here, Disney and Marvel need to do better if they really want that WW record.

Next month we'll know what's next for the MCU's Phase 4 and by the end of August, when Marvel and Disney will probably have their last shot at this, they need to have something solid in there, for Endgame.

With what it has right now it's looking like $850 million in North America and maybe another $7 million internationally for around $2.778 billion worldwide, so just $10 million shy of the record. Like most said, it would be silly to stop there, but they need a plan, an actual plan for the last push in August or whenever it happens, otherwise this won't work.

If they are 10 short around Labor Day, they just need a strong theater count (true re-release) for that weekend DOM and a mini push OS that week and it'll get 10.

Edited by GOATPeterJackson