kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Here is the thing:

Endgame just got to $1.920B worldwide in estimates. Without the re-release, I don’t think no one doubted that Endgame would get to $850m in the domestic market. It just managed a $5.5m+ weekend in the domestic market, for a $841.3m total, all of that before Spider-Man: Far From Home’s boost.

Captain Marvel, still in the domestic theaters btw, managed to net another $13m after the Endgame’s boost. Endgame will still have this week to get its boost, so I don’t see how people can think that $853m + $1.931B is far fetched. It’s $24.6m away and we don’t even have the actuals yet. It’s happening.

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Here is the thing:

Endgame just got to $1.920B worldwide in estimates. Without the re-release, I don’t think no one doubted that Endgame would get to $850m in the domestic market. It just managed a $5.5m+ weekend in the domestic market, for a $841.3m total, all of that before Spider-Man: Far From Home’s boost.

Captain Marvel, still in the domestic theaters btw, managed to net another $13m after the Endgame’s boost. Endgame will still have this week to get its boost, so I don’t see how people can think that $853m + $1.931B is far fetched. It’s $24.6m away and we don’t even have the actuals yet. It’s happening.

at this point i just want that to happen so the clueless people on twitter can shut up, i man the other guy said that aladdin will finish at 920 when it made 65 million in seven days, i mean wtf dude, what are they smoking ?

Well, the fans are the ones who are making this number seem disappointing. Even in this thread, some (I won't name but you know yourselves) were predicting the week to end at $2770m  or more which just seemed really unlikely. This number is honestly higher than I was expecting but I think next weekend drop will be huge as it seems to be a 4 day event in a lot of OS markets (and double features aren't a thing overseas so FFH won't help).

1 minute ago, Agafin said:

Well, the fans are the ones who are making this number seem disappointing. Even in this thread, some (I won't name but you know yourselves) were predicting the week to end at $2770m  or more which just seemed really unlikely. This number is honestly higher than I was expecting but I think next weekend drop will be huge as it seems to be a 4 day event in a lot of OS markets (and double features aren't a thing overseas so FFH won't help).

we will see, but yeah 2770 was not going to happen this weekend, everyone who thought otherwise, was either very optimistic or clueless

1 hour ago, Moses said:

Once the decision to rerelease the movie was taken, it is locked to beat avatar.

For sure they will not stop after 2780

Yep.

Also, someone mentioned @Charlie Jatinder‘s projections:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eEaG17pnLrg98zE84fWvvu_oVCucn0333xLm4QoxbEs/htmlview#

He is obviously low balling the domestic market. Without even seeing the actuals yet, there is no way that this week only makes $7.9m. It’s happening, it’s only a matter of when. And I’m back on this happening throughout July train. What does next will be just bonus.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yep.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eEaG17pnLrg98zE84fWvvu_oVCucn0333xLm4QoxbEs/htmlview#

He is obviously low balling the domestic market. Without even seeing the actuals yet, there is no way that this week only makes $7.9m. It’s happening, it’s only a matter of when. And I’m back on this happening throughout July train. What does next will be just bonus.

i mentioned the graph, my reason for that was mostly to show that it very well can match avatar without a second push, it wont be easy but it can happen

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yep.

You won't have normal trending this week. Sunday will drop close to 30% and Monday near 70%.

That said, I don't think we are getting go 2788.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

You won't have normal trending this week. Sunday will drop close to 30% and Monday near 70%.

we will see, the closer it get the better i just want to see it pass 2780 after that it will be easier, as it seems that disney definately wants it

8 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Disney will get what they want. Truly curious for the actuals tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, john2000 said:

the twitter is a cancer, i mean did really people thought that this would hit 30 mill on ow ? i mean wtf, to have an opinion isnt a bad thing but to have it when you are completly clueless is just on another level

They have no idea how BO works. people still read Twitter comments? lol.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I guess Disney played their expansion card this weekend. This makes labour day expand almost impossible. I won't be surprised with 60% drop next weekend domestically, so that is that.

With Far From Home around? Nope.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I guess Disney played their expansion card this weekend. This makes labour day expand almost impossible. I won't be surprised with 60% drop next weekend domestically, so that is that.

They did but they didn't play the special card with 8 minutes of prior to credits BS like Avatar did. Zero reason to just leave it 10m short.

Drop next weekend depends on screen count. If they hold the screens it should be really good.

Edited by cdsacken

People just getting more impatient than ever nowadays. If passing Avatar is that easy, Disney wouldn't even bother to have new version of this in the 1st place.

Now i still see think mid-Aug is when EG passes Avatar, not because of the late legs will be great but simply because disney wants it, marvel wants it,  

• Thanks 1