kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

10 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $841,318,161    30.4%
Foreign:  $1,922,991,959    69.6%

Worldwide:  $2,764,310,120  

Added 3m in actual

Well that certainly changes things. Now I'm all of a sudden pretty confident it will come within $6-5 million of the record in its current run, so not a whole lot for Disney to make up for in late August or whenever.

So can anyone explain where the extra 3 million came from? Was the weekend that much bigger or did we simply have unreported numbers for the weekdays? Or was this Disney's stash (OS reserve if you will) and they let it go to change the conversation which seemed to lean much more into the "the failed".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Lol Disney found their way of fudging

It's not really so much fudging when you have a reserve for situations such as this, and Disney most certainly had a reserve for Endgame OS.

While I'm sure the actual numbers were at least 1 million higher, the other 2 million feels like them using the reserve, which is fine, after all it's there for situations such as this one.

Now the question is do they have more in the tank or was this it? I sure hope it wasn't, otherwise we're going to see a bigger than usual drop next weekend.

21 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

You seem way too sure of things you shouldn't be sure of. Are there people in Disney that want that record? Sure! Was that the express reasons for this push? HELL NO!

There are only so many times you can fail at getting to a thing you don't seem to want to get to before it becomes clear you always wanted it. Where's still somewhere in the middle on that front, if you understand what I'm saying.

If from now on Endgame can get within $10 million or less of the record than sure, might try something else. But if they aren't 1000% sure it's going to work, they're not going for it, regardless of what you or I want. Disney are VERY protective of their image and the last thing they want is looking desperate to get a record and failing at it. And it's not about what we think or say, it's about the press, it's about general audiences. And friend, let me tell you general audiences were most certainly not happy with the extras this not re-release had to offer.

I saw it and you don't see me crying about it because frankly it was only my 3rd time watching it, so I didn't mind basically seeing the same unchanged movie again. Also because I knew full well what I was getting myself into and didn't for a second fool myself into thinking that this was anything more than a very late scramble to cash in on the imminent release of Spider-Man, to get some more green in the coffers, maybe just maybe get a bit closer to that WW record, try and sniff it some more, see what's what. The answer after this weekend? It's EFFING HARD MAN! There's a reason no movie came even close in the last decade. Endgame has already gone above and beyond our wildest expectations (before release of course), whatever it makes from now on is a bonus for me. Way too many people still going around here lying to themselves that it's all good, that it's 100% going to happen, it's not a question of if but when, all that jazz, when we're basically exactly where we were a few days ago, only we moved the timetable slightly. I'm not saying don't hold on to hope, I'm just saying keep your feet on the ground and if it happens good, if not it's still the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time worldwide and will probably remain so for a LONG time.

Sorry for the long rant, I just had to get it out.

Nothing personal, but you have always been ranting. So it's not news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Well that certainly changes things. Now I'm all of a sudden pretty confident it will come within $6-5 million of the record in its current run, so not a whole lot for Disney to make up for in late August or whenever.

So can anyone explain where the extra 3 million came from? Was the weekend that much bigger or did we simply have unreported numbers for the weekdays? Or was this Disney's stash (OS reserve if you will) and they let it go to change the conversation which seemed to lean much more into the "the failed".

Disney always estimate the weekend. Maybe with the "re-release", they didnt know what to expected, so it should be safe for them to just predicte this weekend = flat or just a little higher than the last weekend first.... 

Edited by danhtruong5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sneaky.  Expanding a movie people want to pay to see (again) even with crappy extras.

Technically they didn't even need the extras. Just say EG is coming back and release the same promos and it will do no differently.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Disney always estimate the weekend. Maybe with the "re-release", they dont know what to expected, so it should be safe for them to just predicte this weekend = flat or just a little higher than the last weekend first.... 

I think they know. They just found a way to squeeze in more money every weekend. 

The amount of adjusted vs actuals has to correlate in terms of their ratio. Like last weekend, and this too. It's getting ridiculous, but only for number-predators like us to see.

Others, they only see a movie inching closer and closer to the record. Watch next weekend when they'll announce that EG drops 0% from this weekend. Because of Far From Home, obviously.