kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Something interesting that was just brought to my attention:

Endgame re-release first weekend:

Domestic: $5.54M International: $2.3M

Avatar: Special Edition opening weekend:

Domestic: $4M International: $1.4M

It will be interesting to track Avengers: Endgame keeping a close watch to this:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=avatarspecialedition.htm

@Charlie Jatinder

That's actually the model I've been using to predict 9 million more for Endgame domestically. And by the way it's important to note that Avatar Special Edition had 812 theaters to Endgame's 2025. Also that was an actual re-release, over 8 months after the original release, compared to just over 2 months for Endgame. So it's far from apples to apples, quite the contrary, which means that me using that as a model could just be wishful thinking on my part. But we'll see soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scabab said:

So is this making another $27 million or are they gonna find some other way to shoehorn it over?

Will need 26m after actuals. In terms of what they do probably depends on how close it is at the end of this bonus run if you will. Then how close it is after the sloooooooowwww crawl in August. 

10 minutes ago, scabab said:

So is this making another $27 million or are they gonna find some other way to shoehorn it over?

The estimates say $26.6m, and it has been a constant that both the domestic and overseas numbers are low balled by a considerable margin before the actuals. Let’s round it up to $26m then:

it should manage at least another $6m domestic until next Sunday, and as it gets the re-release going through the domestic markets, and around $3-4m until next weekend overseas. I expect to be under $10m at the very least before the half of July. It’s getting there, too close to not to.

Oh god. Reading the last few pages gives headache.

Disney might as well go with "i'm expanding this to 2000 theaters this weekend" instead of "a new version bla bla" and it would hardly do anything differently.

Before anything had happened, i predicted that EG would hold close to 0% on FFH weekend. And now since this weekend is inflated, i'm expecting 20%.

I mean seriously, i felt fine about topping Avatar even with 4M DOM and 3M OS. So this is just pure gravy. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Something interesting that was just brought to my attention:

Endgame re-release first weekend:

Domestic: $5.54M International: $2.3M

Avatar: Special Edition opening weekend:

Domestic: $4M International: $1.4M

It will be interesting to track Avengers: Endgame keeping a close watch to this:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=avatarspecialedition.htm

@Charlie Jatinder

Avatar wasn't a fan rush re-release. Endgame is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Avatar wasn't a fan rush re-release. Endgame is.

While I agree, you aren’t taking into account what Endgame has going for it that Avatar didn’t:

1. Avatar didn’t have a quasi sequel to help boost its re-release, Endgame does;
  2. Endgame has this re-release right at the beginning of July, instead of August, meaning softer drops, since interest is clearly still there.

I don’t know if you had access to data from Sunday’s Dom and OS numbers, but I expect the actuals to follow the same pattern of being underplayed in the estimates. At the end, I don’t see how this expansion / re-release could possibly miss $2.788B once it’s so close.

Truly curious how people will feel after the actuals come in tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Lifetime total number in Australia?

$57,823,395, per BOM. 

Curiously, Australia got an expansion last weekend, it did $103.5k last weekend because it added 159 theaters. I don’t know how well Endgame did overseas this weekend, but I wouldn’t be surprised with an increase today. 

You dont realise that any average guy could see Titanic or Avatar after several months,  Just out of curiosity.  They were stand alone movies. 

But Avengers is the 22nd film of the movie universe. If you havent seen at least several of previous you wouldnt go no matter what. Re release or expansion is only for fanboys.  Even more a gimmick for fanboys. And they were too lazy or too stupid to create a proper extended edition

It wont bring anyone else from the general audience now or in July or August. Anyone who wanted to see it already saw. 

Dont get me wrong.  I would glad to see it beating Avatar just for the headlines. But you are a bit unreasonable here, guys. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, juni78ukr said:

You dont realise that any average guy could see Titanic or Avatar after several months,  Just out of curiosity.  They were stand alone movies. 

But Avengers is the 22nd film of the movie universe. If you havent seen at least several of previous you wouldnt go no matter what. Re release or expansion is only for fanboys.  Even more a gimmick for fanboys. And they were too lazy or too stupid to create a proper extended edition

It wont bring anyone else from the general audience now or in July or August. Anyone who wanted to see it already saw. 

Dont get me wrong.  I would glad to see it beating Avatar just for the headlines. But you are a bit unreasonable here, guys. 

Well, I have only watched 8 films out of 22.

Iron Man 3 on TV.

Avengers in Theatres.

GotG 2

Thor Ragnorok.

Captain America Civil War.

Ultron on TV.

IW and EG in Theatres. 

Trust me, Those were enough to let me get the gist of whatever EG wanted to tell me.

It's hard for young people to not have watched any single of them. They have been on TV so many times. It's another story if you just hate superhero movies or MCU specifically.

I am thinking of watching Homecoming before I go for FFH in theatres. And yes, I was a GA just two months ago, now I can be called an MCU fan, though my brother disagrees I am a fan as I haven't watched all the films.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Well, I have only watched 8 films out of 22.

Iron Man 3 on TV.

Avengers in Theatres.

GotG 2

Thor Ragnorok.

Captain America Civil War.

Ultron on TV.

IW and EG in Theatres. 

Trust me, Those were enough to let me get the gist of whatever EG wanted to tell me.

It's hard for young people to not have watched any single of them. They have been on TV so many times. It's another story if you just hate superhero movies or MCU specifically.

I am thinking of watching Homecoming before I go for FFH in theatres. And yes, I was a GA just two months ago, now I can be called an MCU fan, though my brother disagrees I am a fan as I haven't watched all the films.

You should watch more of them, they are other great ones, but if you don't have the time I recommend you watch those 3 as they are very very good.

Captain America: the winter soldier

GOTG 1

Iron Man 1

• Like 1

USA China Rest WW Change
19/04 Week 0   154.69 152.90 307.59  
26/04 Week 1 473.89 357.86 648.70 1,480.45  
03/05 Week 2 186.55 79.86 273.90 540.31 -63.50%
10/05 Week 3 80.95 24.33 108.60 213.88 -60.42%
17/05 Week 4 39.94 12.29 51.80 104.03 -51.36%
24/05 Week 5 26.36   25.00 51.36 -50.63%
31/05 Week 6 11.88   12.80 24.68 -51.95%